How low does easy street go? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How low does easy street go?
Sunday, September 03, 2006 1:13 PM
How high off the ground do the STOCK bumpers sit with the easy street kit, once its all laid out?

Re: How low does easy street go?
Monday, September 04, 2006 7:20 AM
anyone?

Monday, September 04, 2006 2:00 PM
a few inches

Monday, September 04, 2006 2:04 PM
does it drop the car a few inches, or does it sit a few inches off the ground?

Monday, September 04, 2006 2:19 PM
few inches off the ground look at the pics of all of us on air. most are on easy street. if not on easy street it is aim or like spyder cylinders

Monday, September 04, 2006 2:58 PM
Alot of you guys are tubbed, or had fenders rolled as well, and I dont have a lip kit so I was just curious.

Monday, September 04, 2006 3:07 PM
This is with no cutting of anything in the fenders. You could just barely slide a coke can under the bumper.

You can see two beers can in this pic.

I am all that is man

Monday, September 04, 2006 3:21 PM
Thanks alot for the pictures!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:48 PM
Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:24 AM
how could i get a drop that low with out useing airbags?
Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:54 AM
Coilovers, but they wont be nearly as low. Theres threads everywhere about them

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:22 PM
if you wanna go that low, spend the money and get bags, you will never want any other suspension again, easystreet is a great kit, and pretty cheap anymore

Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:38 AM
Oh and you cant go that low and drive. All four tires are resting on the inner fenders.

WHen I had my coilovers I had them all the way down once. I was tucking about 1/4" of tire. I couldnt drive anywere quickly. I couldnt turn sharp. I would have to turn into oncoming traffic lanes to make it around a 90 degree turn. Not to cool.

I am all that is man

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:20 AM
i had the same question but i plan on tubbing it out. im hoping to basically set the cav on the ground. what kind of modification is needed with the easy street kit to do that

Monday, September 11, 2006 2:02 PM
back is easy just tub it, the front is a little harder. mine were just mad outta sheet metal but you can buy like trailer fenders to make the tubs look good. heres a pic of mine

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:04 PM
that looks good man. So you just tubed it out rate there not in the trunk at all. What did you do to the front? How hard was it ?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:28 PM
yea just the front half of the rear is done for the front i rolled the pinch weld aroud the front and just beat in the fender well not the best looking, but you can cut out the section that hits and boxx it out with new sheet metal. i just never have had time to do it to the front. with out my drag blocks on i can roll at 0 psi

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:14 PM
cool man yeah im tacking my kit off this winter so i was wondering how i could get it to lay out a little more how much more does that drop it by putting the tubs in? Like an inch or is it so you can just drive layed out?

Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:46 PM
anywhere from like a 1/2 - 1 the struts are what hold me up if i did what esb did i could lay the bumper on the ground. i had one strut out one day cuz i blew a bag and i lowered it on the ground and i touch the bumper on the ground. i wanted to do what esb did bad but i am selling the cav so yea wont be doing it

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:25 AM
so your hitting the strut whe you drive or no? and whos this esb and what did he do im interested in noing i will maybe try it.

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:26 AM
ow maybe if i looked up i wouldno who esb is hahaha but whatdid he do?

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:17 PM
well i dont ride on the strut but at about 10psi most of the time so i have some air in the bag and heres a link to what esb did. he used just regular bellow bags instead of strut bags. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=114103&t=114103

Friday, September 15, 2006 10:23 PM
So in the pic that he showed earlier in this post for me, was that not with the easy street kit, or was it?

Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:58 AM
i think that was with his easy street in. he did the standard bellow bags at a later time

Monday, September 18, 2006 9:22 PM
esb thats a stock bumper on there right? was it hard to take those ugly grills out(did you have to cut/paint anything) i like that look a lot

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search