Used KYB AGX - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Used KYB AGX
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:58 AM
I found a set of used KYB AGX for our cars. I seen pictures for them and they look clean. The seller states he only used them for 4 months. It it smart to buy used struts?

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Re: Used KYB AGX
Friday, September 01, 2006 11:42 AM
How much is he asking? IT all depends. If its near the price of new, ide buy new just so I'de have a warranty.

Friday, September 01, 2006 11:49 AM
what springs did he use them on. If lower than 1.5-1.6 the wear may be substantial.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Friday, September 01, 2006 1:34 PM
Well, I probably should have not of but I went ahead and bought them. He said for the past 4 months he put them on his 99 Z24, with the Eibach Pro Kit a 1.4" drop. He promises me that the struts are in great shape still, he just went to airbag. I bought them for $145.00 all together. I seen a picture of them here is the ebay page for them, tell me if you all think I got a good deal on them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220023103612&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

BTW I'm going to be useing B&G springs on them when I get them. Thanks ahead of time, and another thing I have a 97 Z24 on stock rims.

Friday, September 01, 2006 4:54 PM
Anybody think I got a good deal? Or ripped off?

Friday, September 01, 2006 6:07 PM
Well . . . . whether you got a good deal or not depends on how long the struts last.

Whats up people?
Friday, September 01, 2006 7:54 PM
yteah its a good deal if they were new of course =P

Idk with something as serious as suspension and brakes, I would not trust my life or those I love with anything but the best. I mean what if he had ebay coilovers on them, or they are actually like 4 years old, you never know. Still let us know how they ride, and if they are just 4 months old and used with eibach they should be just fine.

But then again why would someone buy new struts just to go bags next 4 months idk, sounds a little fishy.

Friday, September 01, 2006 7:59 PM
The only thing I'd buy used is non moving parts. Moving parts you are just asking for a problem. If they blow on you after a month, you're SOL.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 7:36 PM
If they are on Eibach Pro kits they should be fine but i hope he is being honest about it.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:31 PM
If he's telling the truth, and by all appearances he is, you got a fairly good deal.
Like said above, used = no warranty. KYB doesn't allow transfers.
But at half price for something that looks basically new, that's a pretty good deal.

Monday, September 04, 2006 10:55 AM
That is what I thought because, I'm needing to replace my current setup asap. I have GR-2's on my B&G's and as you can all probaly guess my gr-2's are gone in the wind.... I can't even back out of my driveway without bottoming out. And I don't have the money for a $500 suspension so I took the guy up on his deal. I'm sure they are in better shape than my current setup. Thanks for all of your help.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search