Koni Yellows, how are yours adjusted? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Koni Yellows, how are yours adjusted?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:40 PM
I haven't really been messing around with adjustment yet, if I remeber right its 3 turns full loose to full firm, I put them to full firm and backed each one off a full turn as a baseline. hat ar eyou guys running them at?

Re: Koni Yellows, how are yours adjusted?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:50 PM
1 full turn from loose. Buth they're meant for a different car. Everyone will want it some place different...

Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:21 AM
I personally have mine full fron and one turn back from full on the rear..thats mostly cause i dont have my sway bars installed..helps get rid of body roll....but i always have the front on full hard maybe a bit less in the rear...phil
Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:48 PM
Philly D wrote:I personally have mine full fron and one turn back from full on the rear..thats mostly cause i dont have my sway bars installed..helps get rid of body roll....but i always have the front on full hard maybe a bit less in the rear...phil

that's weird, i bet that car understeers like crazy. Everyone I've heard runs the rear stiffer than the front

Friday, September 01, 2006 7:16 AM
For everyday driving I run them full soft. The car handles good enough with all the chassis stiffening I've done that stiffening the struts a bit doesn't help enough to offset the effects of the vibrations. A man can only take so many nut vibrations. LOL.

For the track it's full hard in the rear and whatever the track conditions allow on the fronts.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, September 01, 2006 7:57 PM

Quote:

AutoFreak57 (97redgt)

that's weird, i bet that car understeers like crazy. Everyone I've heard runs the rear stiffer than the front

I have mine harder in the front than the rear.

i started with: half turn rear and full turn front

My current setup is: full turn rear and one and a half turns front.

I may go back to the softer setting just for comforts sake

the car is neutral as can be. if i can actually break my tires loose they all do it at the same time.

Just for the record the DOES NOT PLOW ( under-steer ) in a hard turn.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:59 PM
Fronts are 1 full turn up

Rears are 1.5 full turn up

Monday, October 22, 2007 4:35 PM
I know this is a dumb question but i cant find the answer but when u adjust the yellows can you do it with the car sitting as is? I bought a set of yellows and g.c. off some one and they never told me how to ajust them and some one at work said i had to have each end off the ground when adjusting them?
Monday, October 22, 2007 5:01 PM
doesn't matter, turn knob and struts adjust, its as simple as that

Monday, October 22, 2007 5:04 PM
mines in the middle. stupid koni knob stripped.

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Monday, October 22, 2007 5:13 PM
Cool thanx alot. I was about to jack it up and thought i better look on here first before i go and do all that work for nothing.

Monday, October 22, 2007 6:38 PM
the Reds you had to remove them from the car and it was a pain to do. then the yellows came out life and was good. you can adjust those things all day long with the car on the ground.

CavalierKid, take a cap from a soda bottle, a razor blade, a shapie, duck tape and a drill with some small bits. use the hole in the middle of the razor to draw a hole in the middle of the cap. drill a hole one each end, and cut out the middle with teh razor. duct tape the top and cut away the extra. it works well enough to make several adjustments. I was going to do one with a beer cap for durability, but just haven't gotten to it.

Monday, October 29, 2007 5:37 AM
Cinny, are what you run a full turn and a full turn and a half from the soft position or the hard position?

Monday, October 29, 2007 5:45 AM
Mine are 3/4 turn from max on the front and 1 turn from max on the rear.... It is pretty firm...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 29, 2007 6:46 AM

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:54 AM
Cinny wrote:CavalierKid, take a cap from a soda bottle, a razor blade, a shapie, duck tape and a drill with some small bits. use the hole in the middle of the razor to draw a hole in the middle of the cap. drill a hole one each end, and cut out the middle with teh razor. duct tape the top and cut away the extra. it works well enough to make several adjustments. I was going to do one with a beer cap for durability, but just haven't gotten to it.

lol....at first i thought you were giving him instructions on how to make a bong.
why do all that work.....just get a pair of vise grips and turn it.

i still have reds on the back. i have yellows on the front because my reds were blown and they dont make them for the cavalier anymore so Koni gave me the yellows for free under warranty.

gotta love Koni's warranty
Monday, October 29, 2007 12:43 PM
McLovin wrote:Cinny, are what you run a full turn and a full turn and a half from the soft position or the hard position?

from soft position or 0 if you will.

Quote:

lol....at first i thought you were giving him instructions on how to make a bong.
why do all that work.....just get a pair of vise grips and turn it.

the rears are a pain to get to, and I can leave the ones I made on, so no hunting for the adjuster if I need it ( I can't remember where that thing is between adjustments)... oh and I just like to make things for the fun of it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search