predator hood+strut brace - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
predator hood+strut brace
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:27 AM
Ive got a 96 2.2l cav with an aerogear predator hood. Ive now bought 2 different strut braces and both fit until i close the hood. Anyone know of a brace the fits with the aero gear hood? Both braces were no name companies, does gms fit?

...but when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object,
evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty,
to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security...

Re: predator hood+strut brace
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:36 AM
Try the GM strut bar.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:41 AM
thats my plan im just trying to reduce the amount of bs parts i buy and then find out that they dont work. im seriously considering making my own.

...but when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object,
evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty,
to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security...
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:04 PM
GM works i have it with my aerogear hood. That is the bar that works with problematic hoods. Part number is in my registry.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:29 PM
thx

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:29 PM
The GM strut bar hugs the firewall instead of a straight point-to-point that other bars have. The P2P style will interfere with some hoods/intakes/etc, whereas the GM bar, while not as pretty as some of the aftermarket ones, will fit alot better. Check local junkyards for a Cavi or Sunfire convertible. More than likely, it will still be there.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:28 PM
great thx all now to find a convertable j

Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:38 AM
i got my bar from www.gmpartsdirect.com for about $50 including shipping a few years back.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:37 PM
now im wondering if the Vibrant strut bar is gonna screw with my invader hood on my 03

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:11 PM
Joker 0387 wrote:now im wondering if the Vibrant strut bar is gonna screw with my invader hood on my 03

no it should fit fine

Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:18 PM
I have the vibrant bar, and it doesnt fit with my stock hood. I had to flip the bar upside down so it hugs the plastic over the throttle body, a little. Works fine, and it helps better in cornering then it did before.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 1:09 PM
if anything ill fab up some new plates for it

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, September 04, 2006 11:44 AM
which way do you have your brace facing?

_________
/ \
/ \

or

\ /
\__________/

i have mine facing down and have no rubbing issues.
it doesn't make a difference which way your bar faces. it still does what it's supposed to do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search