Dumb question... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dumb question...
Sunday, August 13, 2006 1:23 PM
Can I change my rear drums without changing rear shoes? because my rear brakes are pulsating...

Re: Dumb question...
Sunday, August 13, 2006 5:22 PM
why? Im betting the shoes are causing the drums to wear unevenly.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:26 PM
Try opening them up and hosing everything with brake cleaner before you replace anything.

Monday, August 14, 2006 3:50 PM
C.T.S wrote:Try opening them up and hosing everything with brake cleaner before you replace anything.

Brake clean won't make the drum round again. If your drums are out of round, you need to replace the shoes as well, it's the only way. If your going to do something, do it right man. Especially a brake system.

1983 Camaro Z28
Monday, August 14, 2006 3:58 PM
not very often that you hear of rear brakes causing a pulsation. you sure it's not the fronts? either way, definitely do both drums and shoes. just don't take apart both sides at once so you can use one side as a diagram when you put everything back together.

Monday, August 14, 2006 7:15 PM
I think that i will change both drums and shoes finally... and yes it is only the rear because i changed my front rotors and pads (powerslot+ceramic pads) and it's still pulsating. I pulled the handbrake slowly when rolling to be sure and it was pulsating. I don't know if the drums has been already changed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search