EasyStreet broken strut - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EasyStreet broken strut
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:03 PM
I'v had problems with my air ride since I'v gotten it 9 months ago. Frozen line, 2 leaking fittings, broken dampaning valve which turned out to be a broken strut. Took my car into to get urathane bushings installed on my control arm and an alignment. I had my car in for alignment when I got my air ride installed. The guy at the garage said my bushing (rubber) were shot. had it replaced. 1 month later, my alignment was out again. stearing wheel cocked to the left. about 2 weeks later, the stearing wheel was fine. never thought of it any again until this summer. I was doing a routeen check on my car n notice that my brand new summer tire was wearing out on the inside, wheel tilting inward at the top. OK, its time to get a summer wheel alignment and net urathane bushings. Thats when I notice that my dampening valve was missing. Ok, got a new 1 under warrenty, So I go to the garage today for my bushing to be installed, alignment. Dropped my car off at 8am took a taxi into work, $18. 10 feet away from the door of the office, my cell rings and it the guys from the garage, I find out that a strut is broken. I'm strended at work. No one else is at work yet, my only car is at the shop. I take another taxi $18 to my dealer where I got my air ride. Good guy, gone through all the pain with me over the year with this air ride. We find out that the welds on the strut had broke. Jim from easy street is going to overnight a replacement after we send photos of the strut in question.

The first time I got my bushing replaced no one noticed if the weld was broken.

Now that you've read my story, has anyone experienced a broken weld on thier strut?
And a suggestion to take a look at your air ride system routinely for damage lines, bags n struts.

Re: EasyStreet broken strut
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:27 PM
With air suspension, routine maintenance & checks on everything are key to prevent trouble.

Sorry to hear about all the bad you've had... that's some terrible luck

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, August 11, 2006 1:47 PM
i havent, but damn im going to check mine right now

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:35 AM
if the dampening valve is broken off or missing, there's a good chance that the weld is broken. becuase the top part of the strut would rotate and shear off the valve. it might be hard to tell bcause the weight of the car is on the strut. try liftingthe car up, take off the tire. give the bracket that is attaches to the spindle and is welded to the strut a light tap with a hammer. if the bracket moves the weld is broken. thats a major safty issue

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search