Blown prostreet - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Blown prostreet
Friday, August 11, 2006 8:55 AM
Just saw it last night when i was under my car. And it just so happens to be the back passenger side where alot of people have the clunking issue (as do I). Through my reading, I've found that RK doesn't replace them or even help out as the company stopped making them. I thought when i dumped nearly 1 grand into these that they had a limited lifetime waranty, doesn't RK stick to their word?

Anyway, what are some other options before i look to RK for help? Anyone else more than the 1 person i found on the search had problems with a blown prostreet?

Thanks everyone.

Re: Blown prostreet
Friday, August 11, 2006 9:19 AM
Friday, August 11, 2006 12:22 PM
That's BS. When a company puts any type of warranty on a product, they put a little extra onto the price of the product to insure they can cover in the future if they need to replace the product. That means we all paid that little extra, but lose our warranty, meaning RK took the money and ran. I'll have to look up Michigan law, cause we are one of the toughest on consumer protection laws. However, RK is in cali. I would think the least they would do is foot the bill to have them rebuilt. It seams like back in law class there was case law of a situation resembling this, and the court found that the company had to provide service that was equal to or more than the part being replaced.
Friday, August 11, 2006 7:11 PM
i have the same suspension and hope none go on me.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:07 AM
how did you know that the strut was blown was there oil leaking from the bottom of it .?i have the same setup on my cav but mine are brand new well they have about 10 miles on them and i have my threads at 10 left to go down on the front and 15 in the rear. where were yours set at ? for them to blow on you and how old or how many miles do u think you had on them?? because u got me worried now i thought these were sweet seeing i paid 1200 bucks for them. and to hear how rksport is handling it thats bull@!#$!!!!!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:16 PM
BeachZ24 wrote:That's BS. When a company puts any type of warranty on a product, they put a little extra onto the price of the product to insure they can cover in the future if they need to replace the product. That means we all paid that little extra, but lose our warranty, meaning RK took the money and ran. I'll have to look up Michigan law, cause we are one of the toughest on consumer protection laws. However, RK is in cali. I would think the least they would do is foot the bill to have them rebuilt. It seams like back in law class there was case law of a situation resembling this, and the court found that the company had to provide service that was equal to or more than the part being replaced.

when i called they really didnt give a place for rebuild. granted you can source em out, they said there was one up the street. but for myself with a daily driver, i needed a strut asap.

jdm cav9 wrote:how did you know that the strut was blown was there oil leaking from the bottom of it .?i have the same setup on my cav but mine are brand new well they have about 10 miles on them and i have my threads at 10 left to go down on the front and 15 in the rear. where were yours set at ? for them to blow on you and how old or how many miles do u think you had on them?? because u got me worried now i thought these were sweet seeing i paid 1200 bucks for them. and to hear how rksport is handling it thats bull@!#$!!!!!

granted you like the looks of the car, 10 threads on these are pretty low. they are shortened struts from the getgo, and 10-15 threads is pretty low.

any company would prob void any warranty you have and claim abuse cause more or less your car is slammed, as many do this.

some leak oil, one set of mine did. outside of that, you will simply feel the car not handling anymore in certain turns, feeling floaty of sorts.

many people complain, oh well i paid money, i am gonna do what i want....and thats all fine and dandy, but remember you paid 1200$ for struts that can handle, not struts made to be lowered down that low on a daily basis. they didnt design em to ride that low all the time. shows yes. short drives maybe. but the valving on the struts was to lower the car a bit to optimal ride height, and then go.

most people who have done what you have eventually ended up complaining about the ride. ask rodimus prime.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:43 AM
My fronts are all the way down, they are siezed in place and i cant raise them up anyway. i just leave them cuz i dont feel like messing with them. the rears are up like 2.25 inches still. I figured it leave them up somewhat so that i didnt sit uneven and keep the car looking somewhat flat. Mine have quite a few miles on them and are holding up pretty well. I mean there are a few clunks but i think that is the motor mounts anyway. oh well if you guys have yours and they are blown, just send me the good ones and i can take them off your hand without a problem. ha ha.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:18 AM
the clunks are your cars weight bottoming out the struts more than likely strut piston is hitting the end casing, or the bump stops are putting stress on the mounts from the jolt, if you still run em (some have taken em out)

if you really wanna raise em up, use a small pipe that fits over the spanner wrenches, but clean the threads first.... then loosen and raise em, use lubricant in doing so.

that is if you ever feel like raising em.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:49 PM
wow, just wow, i couldnt find a place to rebuild mine... sweet when i put the car away for wnter i'm pulling the struts off!!!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:46 AM
I've always left 2 inces or more of thread on mine. The bump and lose lumber sound I have heard has existed from arround the day I put them on. I've done my research and some said to flip/flop the helper spring or change the mount as it had a service bltn. I'm with you guys, we spent all of this money into this suspension, and now are pushed out in the cold when we have problems. I've sent RK many e-mails to no response. I'm thinking of calling the FTC to see what they say. If i remember right, RK's webiste went on about how this was the top system and didn't give a harsh ride and was great for the weekend wariors as well as the day to day drivers. I knew from the get go that lowering them all the way was a bad idea. I even kept them all the way up for a while.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:47 PM
never flipped the springs, i think that was a push off on their part. really doesnt do anything mechanically.

it might be a far shot, but instead of emailing them, you can maybe do what i did and call the hell outta em.... might be worth a try for a few of ya.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:54 AM
funky bottoms you are saying that 10 and 15 threads are to low?? i still have a 2 finger gap, and rk sport told me i could put them wherever i wanted and they would ride well they lied!! well they are pretty stiff at 10 left to go down in the front, and 15 threads in the back .and i would still like the car to be lower than it is but i dont want to lower them any more because they are brand new !!! and i dont want to worry about blowing them thats for sure .there is maybe 10 miles on them ive taken the car out only three times to test them out . im really pissed now because i paid $ 1200 for them and i was told by rksport i could lower them as low as i wanted and not have to worry about them, they said thats what they are made for. I've talked to B+G and they said that the coilovers are fine where i have them set at but i dont trust them either . I just think its really funny that ive spent over 10,000 with rksport and i get lied to , so i think im done with rksport this is bull@!#$!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:28 PM
I called them up today, and they put me on hold. So I waited and waited, then got cut off. So I called back, same person again, I got put on hold and cut off. So I did a test, I had my friend call. I waited till the person answered to be sure it was the same,(it was), so my friend said he had a question about the problem they were having with a Type J front bumper they bought (BS story), and boom they were transferred to customer service.

If I don't start getting answers, I guess I'm going to have to start the lengthy process of filing a complaint with the FTC, the BBB, and my Attorney General's office (which probably won't make a difference as they are in another state). I feel like we have bean had.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:50 AM
Still avoiding me. Their starting to act like mantapart.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:16 PM
jdm cav9 wrote:funky bottoms you are saying that 10 and 15 threads are to low?? i still have a 2 finger gap, and rk sport told me i could put them wherever i wanted and they would ride well they lied!! well they are pretty stiff at 10 left to go down in the front, and 15 threads in the back .and i would still like the car to be lower than it is but i dont want to lower them any more because they are brand new !!! and i dont want to worry about blowing them thats for sure .there is maybe 10 miles on them ive taken the car out only three times to test them out . im really pissed now because i paid $ 1200 for them and i was told by rksport i could lower them as low as i wanted and not have to worry about them, they said thats what they are made for. I've talked to B+G and they said that the coilovers are fine where i have them set at but i dont trust them either . I just think its really funny that ive spent over 10,000 with rksport and i get lied to , so i think im done with rksport this is bull@!#$!!!!!!!!!

yea they kinda exaggerated there, but you also gotta think about their statement logically.

which is why i wrote in the FAQ, "the optimal level for handling,ride comfort is right at arms parrallel to the ground."

many people read that, laugh, give a "yeah whatever" and do whatever.....then its ironic when the same people post back about problems with other suspension parts....

that goes for ANY CAR really.

if you want the car to appear lower, add a body kit....

riding on something lower than it should be is gonna damage it. plain and simple.

you're exceeding its working limits of what the product can handle... same as you wouldnt run 40psi of boost on a stock j-body. you exceed what the car can handle.

b+G has washed their hands of it mainly because rksport has exclusivity. anytime 1 company gets exclusivity, the manufacturer is more or less exempt from the majority of the backlash if it occurs... a few companies are now doing this and trying to hide where their product is from. first and foremost next company you choose, make sure they are honest enough to state who makes their product. not just that their name is on the product.

which is one of my reasons for NOW going with companies that distribute to many, and not just one company that has some sorta exclusive right to a single product.

10 threads on rksport prostreets are a short distance.

whip out a tape measurer and measure the distance from the bottom start of the threads to the collar. whats the measurement. i know its not too much cause those threads are like 1 mm per gap.

anytime someone says, you can do something extreme "and not worry" 9 times outta 10 its BS.

even the gravana coilovers which are EXTREMELY SIMILAR to B+G's new coilovers, irony, you can adjust height without affecting travel.

and why its true it wont mess up the travel of the strut, running the car too low, will wear cv, tie rods, and control arm bushings prematurely.

anytime you do something extreme in a setup, it shortens the life of other parts.... thats a given. name the product.

turbo
suspension
drugs and alcohol

overall rksport products...most are decent, especially in quality.. but if people havent noticed, rksport used to be gm supportive only... back in the day. now, theyve branched out. GREAT BUSINESS MOVE, seriously. but for a dead platform such as these cars, dont expect much new parts or advancement.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:48 AM
I'm not gonna dog ya Event, cause you've helped me with alot of stuff over the years on my car and I respect your knowledge and patience. I just want to present a point that I think more than just myself agree to. Again, this isn't a flame job.

From your post, you state that you should never take a company's claim to customers of a product's quality and assurance at face value. That maybe we should always use our best judgment instead of believe the BS of the company.

If that's true, then I shouldn't run 87 octane in my car as GM says it's the best fuel for my car. I shouldn't use 5w30 as GM claims it's the best oil fro my car. I should use every aftermarket part but AC Delco as GM says that AC Delco is the best for replacement parts. So in a nutshell, if a company says it, it's most likely BS. But of course there is the factor of reputation. GM has a repudiation, all the way to McDonalds and Coca Cola having reps. RK had one too. They were the big dogs in the J-Body aftermarket world. You pay a little more, you get the better product. Time and time and time to the 10th power on this site I have heard "you get what you paid for". I paid $1000 for a suspension that was supposed to be the end all of all ride quality and suspension performance issues. A suspension that was tightly tuned and engineered on the winding country roads of California. A suspension that could go low for the weekend warriors or stay up for the day to days and still perform better than any other. A suspension that had a limited life-time warranty because they were sure of its performance and endurance. Well the jig is up now, and RK isn't paying the piper. So to me, their rep is going down hill fast. I'd bet that if I e-mailed RK sport's customer service using a different e-mail address, and inquiring about a different issue, I would get a response as along as that issue wasn't pro-streets.

A company has a responsibility to its customers. If you pay for the product or service, you are entitled legally to receive that product. If you buy a brand new car, the price you pay not only includes the product (car) it also includes the service (warranty). Hypothetically speeking, lets say you buy a brand new car, get it home and the engine blows. What are you going to do? You're most likely going to call the dealership to have it replaced or repaired. Is it logical to say that if you did call the dealer and they said "Well tough luck kid. You shouldn't have believed what we told ya." would actually work. No way. We have consumer protection laws the protect us from that, from the company taking the customer's money and running. I paid for a suspension, in which case I got it, as well as paying for a warranty that was included in the price, and am not getting what I paid for.

I'll agree that going into this purchase, I knew the life of other suspension components would change, but I didn't know that the life of the all mighty Pro-streets (that RK talked up sooooo much I was surprised they weren't made out of white gold) was going to be short too.

I have mine set about half way down, and have always kept them at that height. Friends and strangers alike have told me to drop them all the way, to which I denied to do in fear of a shortened life.

All I am saying is that if I get what I paid for, well I'm still waiting to get the rest i.e. warranty work.
Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:48 AM
BeachZ24 wrote:I'm not gonna dog ya Event, cause you've helped me with alot of stuff over the years on my car and I respect your knowledge and patience. I just want to present a point that I think more than just myself agree to. Again, this isn't a flame job.

From your post, you state that you should never take a company's claim to customers of a product's quality and assurance at face value. That maybe we should always use our best judgment instead of believe the BS of the company.

If that's true, then I shouldn't run 87 octane in my car as GM says it's the best fuel for my car. I shouldn't use 5w30 as GM claims it's the best oil fro my car. I should use every aftermarket part but AC Delco as GM says that AC Delco is the best for replacement parts. So in a nutshell, if a company says it, it's most likely BS. But of course there is the factor of reputation. GM has a repudiation, all the way to McDonalds and Coca Cola having reps. RK had one too. They were the big dogs in the J-Body aftermarket world. You pay a little more, you get the better product. Time and time and time to the 10th power on this site I have heard "you get what you paid for". I paid $1000 for a suspension that was supposed to be the end all of all ride quality and suspension performance issues. A suspension that was tightly tuned and engineered on the winding country roads of California. A suspension that could go low for the weekend warriors or stay up for the day to days and still perform better than any other. A suspension that had a limited life-time warranty because they were sure of its performance and endurance. Well the jig is up now, and RK isn't paying the piper. So to me, their rep is going down hill fast. I'd bet that if I e-mailed RK sport's customer service using a different e-mail address, and inquiring about a different issue, I would get a response as along as that issue wasn't pro-streets.

respected. i respect that...

but i am still a believer of dont believe the BS of a company. some you can let go, but when its something extreme, you gotta stop and think. mike perez at rksport i dealt with pretty much all the time, he was pretty much a straight shooter with me, personally..... and granted alot of people from there were like, "yeah you can ride 3 inches low and no problems"..... my BS meter went off without question. mike perez never fed me that type of stuff.

theres no way you are gonna do something extreme and not pay. sure it might SEEM fine initially, when you first do it... but over time things deteriorate, the more extreme the faster..... its like anything else in life. when you do something wrong at the start, it may feel ok, or be deemed dealable. like the wrong size shoes... at first they look good, but its not until down the road when your feet hurt, you realize, yea that wasnt smart....

but keep in mind what i also said

Quote:

anytime someone says, you can do something extreme "and not worry" 9 times outta 10 its BS.

running 87 isnt really an extreme, but they are not they telling you to go run 20psi of boost and not worry about detonation.

even in the manuals in the glove box, they say 5w30 is a generally good oil all around but 10w30 is acceptable and they also give some other weights for other regions. 20w something is another option.

AC delco parts... well most times you are garunteed to know it should fit. but the best parts? doubt it. there are too many aftermarket parts out there that are more efficient, starting with spark plugs. even plug wires you can find more efficient ones for lower in price than what GM charges....

GM coil packs are around 100$ at a dealer, MSD coil packs cost over half that and rated to hold and release more energy which is a GREAT thing.

dealer stuff is good. but aftermarket usually does surpass and for less.

and another quick tip for anyone....the cooling fan, and fuel pump relays are the same part number, but the cooling fan relay is around 12-20$

the fuel pump relay is around 60-80$. look it up so why would a dealer we are supposed to trust, sell both as separate entities, but its the same part number on the relay?

but back to the deal...

see, the do something extreme and NOT WORRY, in my view is like saying have sex with 50 women from a single club in one night and not expect to catch something... an std, a kid, or worse...

i personally have NEVER heard rksport say slam them completely, but i know some from there had said "someone out here is at 3 inches low and is fine"

when i did hear that 3 things came to mind:

1) he works there, he can get new ones and prob at discount, or no charge at all if he "hooks himself up"
2) 3 inches is extreme, on any car...so how long is this really gonna last on a single adjustable strut coil setup?
3) how many people here are gonna hear that and then say, ooooh i can do that to, and not bother to use logic?

i agree with the you get what you pay for ordeal, but in that case, you, even i have to admit...yes i had them as well.....when they came out....they were great. the handling was unreal compared to anything else.

now here is where the problem comes in. rksport and b+g dropped the ball. and now when you call and talk to either side, if you get indepth with the situation on what is or went on.... each teeter the blame to the other side.

rksport didnt have an "exit strategy, or more so a backup plan for when things get old, they need a hospital to fix em"

and

b+G, basically cause rksport got exclusivity, didnt make any more excess for warranty replacements etc. a new company got the newest contract of exclusivity, and rksports ran out. so technically they dont have to make any more. they made a huge batch and rksport got em all. this is what i got directly from B+G when i called their cali offices 1- (800) 420-9555 if anyone wants to call B+G

now see if you buy a brand new car and the engine blows, you call the dealer and they still have your back.... why? they still have parts, the engines made are in excess for this reason. if something goes wrong and they made 100,000 cars, they didnt just make 100,000 engines. they prob made around 1.5 times the amount of cars..

i'll admit, i was a huge fan of em as they were the first purpose made full coilover set, not just something pieced together. but when "the axe" fell i fought tooth and nail to get what i felt i was owed as a customer to them since 1999.

rksport has a good rep....overall. on this issue they def F-ed the cow. in public...with dennis rodman ridding it.... and lil kim takin pictures....and a baldwin was prob feedin the thing at the same time....

its not a secret anymore.

its really a screw up on both companies, not producing extra, and not having a plan for when the warranties come in. i know for a fact that when they were doing warranties, alot of the ones that came in and new ones were sent out ACCORDING TO THE GUY WHO HANDLED MY CLAIM, many people were ridding on them at extremely low settings. alot of em failed due to abuse, but many paid for the new ones.

they had plans for the eibach "prostreets" to be made for our cars as well as getting the rights from KW i believe...and one more company to make new coilovers. so that was my option from rksport. i can wait till after SEMA of that year and see if those companies were gonna make replacements. then they could replace mine with whatever was new, and maybe a price difference to be paid by me if there was one.

but nothing ever came about it. apparently, they deemed the market for these cars as dead and still dying, since the production stopped. and as most here have probably seen on their website they have now expanded brands and models of cars they support.

in all honesty, and i know its hard for some at work....

dont email, but call. like said, at work you really cant sit around all day, but my part time job after the full time, i'm lucky enough to be able to do the work and be on a cell phone at the same time. there were times i was on the phone for nearly 2 hours.

overall, i agree with your point. and i actually urge you to call....and call....and have others call....

it took me a bit over 2 months to get my issue resolved. if i was calling 2-3 times a week, i kept at it. who knows maybe if theres enough pressure, and a "coallition" more so they may open it back up and produce some replacements, or who knows, maybe strike a deal with another company to where they will start selling another brand and from that, those who need warranty work may get new products for being screwed.

not saying that WILL happen, but the more that stand up for it the better.

i know when i called there was like 1-2 others with the problem. i know for a fact NOW, theres more than a dozen. alot of people are just selling the blown ones and freeing themselves from the burden, but for those who are keepin em.....excuse my language, but "fight fo yo sh__!"

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:27 PM
I'm going to have to go ahead and agree to disagree on the issue of taking Stone Cold Steve Austin's DTA (Don't Trust Anyone) approach with a well known and trusted company. We must just be from different sides of the tracks. In my belief, if you pay for something, you have the right to ownership (excluding of course software, CD's, movies and related products and services that are clouded with trademarks and copyrights) to 100%. If you're in a bad neighborhood, and leave your car running, doors open and your car gets stolen, well that's pretty obvious that you had it coming. If you car is parked at your house, all locked up and with no keys inside and it gets stolen, your entitled to get it back But you can break down my similes , analogies or metaphors (whatever fits the situation) to explain how they don't apply to the situation, until we're all out of breath, but the debate isn't between us, it's with dozen or so customers who aren't getting a fair shake by RK. The dozen or so of us (probably more) are entitled to the warranties that were included in the price. It is unfortunate that RK didn't have a back-up plan. However, I can't look at that and say "Darn, well I guess I'm out $1000". No way. As consumers, no matter what state of our country, you have consumer rights. And in my opinion they are being violated.

If another company makes RK some suspension components that are comparable to the pro-streets so be it. But I'm not cool with getting a discount on new ones. I have 3 good ones on right now, why do I need 4 discounted strut/springs at a discount. That's verry business savy on RK's end, because they'll still make money with out the loss of warranty work.

On that note, I never had my set up down more than 2". Now if anyone is to say that 2" is a little extreme then I guess I was misled. I knew better than to drop the car more than that, not only for abuse on the set up, but I would've never survived Michigan pot holes, especially in Detroit where you can lose your whole car in a pot hole. But honestly, if by saying 2" is too much, then why the heck buy the things in the first place? Just to leave them all the way, get a harsher ride and pay 3 times more than springs on the stock struts?

I'm not keeping my hopes up for any company through RK to make a new set up. The aftermarket was minute enough when GM was making J-bodies, now it's dwindling down and down, until eventually someday, the aftermarket for J's will be specialty stuff that'll make RK's prices now look like discounts.

I agree with you that we should get together to make one voice. Through my law classes, case studies and course work, I have seen class-actions go through for less than this. I'm not one for frivolous lawsuits by any means, but we are entitled to what we purchased. I thought I read of a place in PA that repaired our struts. Well there is a start. Why can't RK foot the bill of the repair fees. I mean last I knew the U.S. Mint was still making currency, and RK doesn't have the exclusivity to it. And I know this idea isn't fresh, it had to have crossed there minds before. I would say it's an even balance or at least a start. What RK is doing right now is unethical business practices, and thankfully we have our state attorney general's office as well as the Federal Trade Commission to protect us and our purchases to make sure we don't get had as consumers. But again, it takes a group effort to make a change in most cases. I know that if I don’t' start getting answers (yes I have called on my breaks and after work as it is a different time zone) I'm going to ask my government for help, in which case will probably be the FTC as I am in a different state, making it a federal issue.

Maybe a post or sticky should be set up, so we can band together to tell RK we want resolution. Or independently we file complaints with the government to persuade a resolution.
Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:16 PM
thats cool agree to disagree.... not sure why cause i basically agree with PRETTY MUCH ALL you have said, outside of the "trust" ordeal

in general, with people, i trust anyone UNTIL you give me a reason NOT TO TRUST you.

but business is a different "game", sometimes people out to make money, forget about ethics when "THE KWAN" is the goal.

-rksport pretty much proves my point. trusted company for YEARS via this crowd, and then we get screwed. if you remember back in the day someone from rksport would come on here and let us know when new stuff came out. kinda died down around 2002-2003.

-Enron was a trusted company for years in a political sense, but then look what happened. sure they got in trouble, but the damage is done. many were screwed out of money.

- people daily put trust into MANY brands and well known companies, and many times nothing happens, but just the same many times things go wrong and people get screwed. drug companies, assisted living, you name the business....

guess what the common bond is?

names and name brands you can trust.... but do remember one thing....all of those names and name brands are all run by humans...and humans ARE NOT perfect in any sense, way, or degree. and when there is a goal involving currency, things have a higher tendency to go bad.

now sure we DO have laws to protect us from this, but to activate those laws, you need weight. it took me 2 + months to get a replacement. i leaned...and i leaned hard. i'm also being "shoot" on letting you all know what happened when i went through the phone calls and stuff to get stuff replaced. so if anyone wants to follow, you know what to mention or who to call.

rksport has had a good flow of change over the years. mike perez came aboard around 2001-2002 i believe.... before than when the rksport board was still around there was another guy who everyone dealt with in the cavalier department.

to my knowledge mike perez is gone.

so basically 3 different people in 6 years in the cavalier department ALONE.

anything thats human ran, human produced, human engineered, is subject to flaws. RSM racing was an awesome company in my view.... but where are they now? after the last 1.5 years of stuff on the boards i read accusations of not sending products, stuff being faulty, and all that jazz...

you rarely hear anyone mention RSM RACING anymore. and all the stuff i purchased from em was top notch and still being used by me.

things change and so do businesses. trust can only go so far. cause as humans if a mistake is made and something like this occurs, even you said above:

Quote:

So to me, their rep is going down hill fast. I'd bet that if I e-mailed RK sport's customer service using a different e-mail address, and inquiring about a different issue, I would get a response as along as that issue wasn't pro-streets.

rksport was loyal and "the shiz-nit" back in the day, but now look where many stand.

comparing going after RKSport VS GM i feel is also an unfair comparison.

GM is WORLD WIDE, RKSPORT is somewhat LOCAL. only a handful of car modders know of rksport. right now there is an islamic dude in kabul riding in a GM powered car. how many world wide do you think have heard of rksport though? even nationwide?

GM is like PS2 and PS3, RKSPORT is still in the ATARI stages as far as fame goes...

so if busting rksport would be like something to make local news, where as if the same happened to GM is would be on FOXnews and CNN world wide.

the difference is like going after a local drug pusher VS the kingpin in columbia but living in florida currently.

as for setting up a post, hit up a mod see if one can be done to push for warranty issues. i know forum rules have changed, atleast from what i;ve heard with sticky posts and stuff since not being here much, but last i remember wild weasle was a mod as well as cannon fodder and B vanlandingham.

the place in PA is penske racing shocks.... i looked that up and posted on that via suggestion by rksport. dont know if there is a garuntee that they CAN do it, but they do rebuilds on racing shocks...

prices.. no exact idea outside of estimates on their webpage. if you wanna go the "have rksport foot the bill" way, i;d try and get a rebuild estimate and then get in phone contact with rksport over the issue.

as for footing the bill? thats def something to take up with rksport. like said before, rksport said they had a shock place locally down the street from them as well, that MAY can do it. which is another option.

like said, i'll support whatever you all will do.

so far in this post alone, its you and blkcav that have damaged products and wish to get em remedied. outside of agreeing or disagreeing or what not... let me know what route YOU wanna go and i'll support that, give you the info, numbers, etc...

i;ve never done a BBB complaint file before, so i wouldnt know where to go outside the website on that issue.

but write back, pm me, etc on which way you wanna take it, or if you need someone to testify for ya, or whatnot.

Friday, September 22, 2006 12:11 AM
i have my fronts slammed, have been for 20K miles, no problems yet. rears are up like 2"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search