Brake system flush - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Brake system flush
Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:37 AM
Just as the topic says. I need to do a brake system flush, my brake fliud is almost black. I know wrong color. So im in need of proper instructions on how to replace all the fluid. I now how to bleed brakes, but how do you get all the fluid out?

Re: Brake system flush
Saturday, December 17, 2005 12:41 PM
Open all the bleeder valves put little hoses on each one run them into jars to catch all the old stuff, remove master cyl cap and just keep refilling it. Gravity will do the work for you. Now if you have on ethat won't bleed thu then close them all start the car have someone pump the brakes about 3 times and hold it to the floor while they are doing that open the bleeder and the old stuff will shoot into the jar then close off the valve and repeat. Don't forget to keep checking the master cyl as it will need more fluid.

Try it and if you have any problems just holler.

Good Luck

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, July 24, 2006 10:14 AM
I just flushed mine using a Mity-Vac I bought at Advance Auto. The old fluid was black, now it is clear. I used Valvoline Dot 3,4 synthetic fluid. It was so easy that I am now going to change it on my 4x4 next.
Monday, July 24, 2006 2:20 PM
^I highly recommend grabbing one of those Mity-Vacs cause it will turn it into a 15 minute job. Just attach the vac, open the valve, and suck the old stuff out until it runs clear; repeat for each wheel. And once a jar is full of the old crap you know you have to refill the MC (cause a jar is about the same size as the MC res). Valvoline DOT 4 Synthetic is by far the best cheap stuff you can buy.

Friday, July 28, 2006 11:30 AM
Did flushing help your presure afterwards? My brakes are in a bad way. my drums are less than a year old and still looking good, and i just changed my disc last night. My brakes are crappy still, just a little better with new disc (i think it ws the tad bit of extra pad i got as my old ones weren't in too bad of shape). I can sit at a stop and push my pedal all the way down till the bracket stops it. But my fluid is look'n prety dark, so i was wondering if flushing would change the performance of them back to stock, or if i gotta buy a new mc.
Friday, July 28, 2006 11:43 AM
Holly old post.

Yes it helped alot. But contact CTS for info, he seems one of the best here to help you.

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:39 PM
Your pedal shouldn't slowly creep to the floor with pressue applied. It ispossible you have air in the system, so flush it first. If the pedal still creeps tot he floor you may indeed need a new M/C.
Friday, July 28, 2006 1:54 PM
El fuego (the grounded one) wrote:Holly old post.
Never even looked at the date. I knew that sounded familiar.

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:56 PM
Well i've bean a member for a few now and hate it when people post when they could have just looked up an old one and posted to it, ya know. Anyway, when i am doing this flush job, i assume i leave the engine off? Seams like if i turned it on to get all the electronics wokr'n it'd shoot brake fluid through concrete. Just wanna make sure i do it right. Does it matter what order that i do them in, like drivers front then pass rear or clockwise to each one. I know our systems are set on a criss-cross pattern, so i didn't know if i have to follow that or what.

Thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search