need help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need help
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:40 AM
just put 17's on my 96 z24 with low pro tires and my car looks like a 4x4 so i dont know if springs will be enough to drop it but that may be all i can afford but what i was wondering was about coilovers i dont know much about them like do they replace shock and strut or what? but also i was wondering if someone could tell me what some of the companies that make coilovers for our cars and how much i am looking to go realitivily inexpense and i dont know if thats possable, thanks for all the help.

Re: need help
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:27 AM
read the faqs

whenever you lower your car you neee new struts. read the faqs to find out what struts you can lower on and what struts you cant. coilovers do not replace the strut unless you get a full setup like the tein basic or superstreet. the basics are like 800 bucks and the superstreet is 1500. with coils you need either koni yellows or d-specs. a decent set of coils is gonna run you 300-400 bucks brand new and the struts are gonna be almost 600 brand new. for springs and struts your looking to spend about 500-600 total but with springs you dont have the adjustablity that you have with coils.

read the faqs, it will tell you everything about all different kinds of setups

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:23 PM
ya i have i am just confused
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:32 PM
well what are you confused on?

coils are pretty much the same thing as springs but w/ coils you have a coil sleeve that goes over the strut and you can adjust the height of the spring on these sleeves. springs are set at one height and cant be changed unless you cut them (which you shouldnt do). like i said some coils come in full setups like the gravana coils, tein basics and tein superstreets

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search