Eibach Pro-kit vs. Sportline - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eibach Pro-kit vs. Sportline
Monday, June 26, 2006 6:02 PM
I can get either kit for my 03 Cavy for about $200 through my job (with discount), but I'm not sure on which to get.

I like the lower stance the sportline gives, but I have a few concerns. First, clearence. Will I still be able to get a jack under the car or put it up on ramps? (I don't have a body kit, nor do I plan on putting one on.. if anything, I'd put the LS Sport lips and sides on). Secondly, camber. I've read that anything 2" or more requires a camber kit (which would involve more money). Thirdly, ride. Which offers a smoother ride? With either kit I would eventually (or at the same time) put the AGX struts on it as I've read that they were practically made for the Eibach kits. I want a lower, more aggressive look, and to kill that atrocious wheel gap in the rear, but I don't want to sacrifice too much comfort. One last question.. how DIY are the kits? I'd like to be able to save on labour if possible, but on the same token, I don't wanna @!#$ up my suspension.

So, that's the info I'd like. TIA to anyone who can help me decide on which kit to get.

My Car Domain Page

Re: Eibach Pro-kit vs. Sportline
Monday, June 26, 2006 6:06 PM
You can use the AGX on the sportlines, however by doing so, it voids any warranty.

If you go sportlines, use Koni's.

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:31 PM
Why does it void the warrenty? Also, I'll probably have to wait a LONG time to put Koni's or AGX's on my car since I didn't know they were around $600 a set. That's a bit out of my price range.. so given that I won't be getting those anytime soon, should I just go with the Pro-kit since it's not as low a drop?

My Car Domain Page

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:36 PM
the AGX are only warrented up to a drop of 1.5 inches. the sportlines offer 1.7 inch in front 2.3 in rear.

with any drop. you should upgrade the struts

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 7:36 PM
If you go with the Pro-Kit, that's within KYB's warranty

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:32 PM
What about the KYB Gr2's? They're a bit more affordable (plus I can get those from my job as well), or would it be no different than stock?

My Car Domain Page

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:45 PM
They are OEM replacements, warrantied to a 1.5" drop. Can't really say how the ride quality is.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:03 AM
does anyone read the stickys?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:17 PM
im on sportlines with yellows.. love it.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:56 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]does anyone read the stickys?
Apparently not, get AGX's with the Prokit, you'll be glad you did, or if you get the Sportines, get the Koni's.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:04 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]does anyone read the stickys?

we have stickys??

j/k

Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:04 PM
im debating between pro-kit and sportlines too =/ if the pro-kit is enough of a drop id be satisfied with it but ive heard different stories from people. im also worried about rubbing if the sportlines are too much ahh so many decisions!!!

2002 Cavalier 2200----- Buffalo, NY
Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:53 PM
If you have a 2.2 OHV, there is a known issue (although unknown at Eibach as of recent) of an uneven drop w/ the Pro-Kit. It's hit and miss... most cars it's fine, other cars it's noticeable.

Other than that, it's a 1.4" drop front and rear.

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:14 AM
whats ment specifically by uneven? the front doesnt go the full 1.4? basically i just want it low enough without causing any problems with either my tires rubbing or plowing snow in the winter. so i thought the pro-kit seemed to be a good idea...im not so sure now.

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:30 AM
i was just reading through the suspension sticky and Event said on page 8? that the uneven problem has been fixed but no one confirmed. anyone know anything more about this? thanks in advance

Monday, July 03, 2006 9:31 AM
Check out if you can get H&R's, there about as low as the sportlines despite their advertising, my H&R's are as low as my brothers Sportlines.

-Chris

Monday, July 03, 2006 2:03 PM
alright, thanks ill take a look!!!!

Monday, July 03, 2006 4:01 PM
I'm riding on AGX's and Pro Kit with my 03 LS Sport. Just put em on Saturday. So far so good. Ride is great, drop is almost dead on at around 1.4in. I'll post pics when the weather is better. Also if you do a search you can see other ppls rides with a sportline drop and a prokit drop if you wanted to see the diff. I'm happy with the drop I got. Next up......boost

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:07 PM
nice chuckie..but the problems seem to lie in the 2.2 OHV/2200 cavi's i would really like to stick with eibach because of their reputation of excellent quality but if its gonna be uneven id rather not =/ maybe ill give eibach a call/email about the issue

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:13 PM
wait a sec...is this problem only with the OHV(the older version) or does it include the 2200 also? hmmm....

Monday, July 03, 2006 9:11 PM
Quote:

i was just reading through the suspension sticky and Event said on page 8? that the uneven problem has been fixed but no one confirmed.

I've called Eibach on several different occasions, and they are clueless to what the issue may be. In fact, they had no idea there was an issue.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:39 AM
ive got sportlines and the stock 16" Z rims, no rubbing at all and a nice drop... i drove it for 1 winter w/ it lowered and didnt have any issues until we got a crazy snow storm on new years eve and i couldnt make it to work cuz the snow was piled up as high as the top of the tires... but aslong as u know how to drive u'll be ok...

IMO id go w/ the pro-kit if u plan 2 winter drive the car.

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 3:22 PM
yeah, thats what my thought was about the winter....:shakes fist at buffalo:

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:37 PM
Pics of my drop are posted in the Photos and Media forum if you care to see.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:47 AM
About the uneven drop issue....

I have a 2004 Cavalier with the Eibach Pro-Kit and stock shocks and struts. There is, in fact, a slightly uneven drop. The drivers side of the car rides slightly lower than the passenger side. It's not very noticeable, but enough to make me mad. I haven't called Eibach to ask them about it yet but I plan to. I'm thinking of switching to Sportlines because of it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search