Install w/pics for Koni Yellows & Ground Contr - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Install w/pics for Koni Yellows & Ground Contr
Saturday, June 24, 2006 1:40 PM
Hello, I need detailed instructions on whats involved in installing Koni Yellows and Ground Control Coilovers on all 4 corners of a 2000 Sunfire GT with 99 mounts, pics with the instructions would be nice.

Thank You very much

Re: Install w/pics for Koni Yellows & Ground C
Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:51 AM
Do a search, someone had already posted a complete koni install with pics.

Basically you need to follow the directions to a T, its better to cut too little off the stock strut front body than too much.
Its highly reccomended that you have a grinding wheel and patience because you;ll be cutting the collars off the front struts, but want to keep the weld bead. Also you should try to drain the stock fluid out (a drill works goo for making a hole) first then go thru the process of cutting the body to minimize the mess.

If you havn't spent any money yet. i'd reccomend saving up a bit more and getting the Tein SS(direct bolt on).

-Chris

Sunday, June 25, 2006 4:00 PM
I did a search and i seen that, but the pics do not work anymore even if i copy and paste the links the pics do not work
Monday, June 26, 2006 9:19 AM
ummm look later in the post i fixed the links, it happened because J-Body change how the site behaves, but the link tags do work later on.

or you could just e-mail me and i can send it to you if you want.

Monday, June 26, 2006 9:34 AM
Thanx man, you already sent it to me, i already mailed you, thank you again for your e-mail
Friday, February 16, 2007 7:55 AM
Yo Cinny, I was about to email you about those pics if you still had them but you dont have an email address on your profile. Would you still happen to have the install pics? Thanks

Friday, February 16, 2007 11:23 AM
i found this with a quick search its got pics of a yellow install but with springs not coilovers, should help atleast..
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=77664&t=77664&p=3

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Saturday, February 24, 2007 3:37 AM
Sunday, February 25, 2007 4:19 PM
if you have never done it before i do not recomment doing it yourself, get someone to do it for you, unless you dont mind dieing..... there was a guy in my city who installed coilovers on his Celica in the summer and after a day of driving on them one malfunctioned from improper installation and caused him to swirve into a 18 wheeler dieing instantly.....

15.1@90.34mph
Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:39 PM
...and then there are people who read directions and never have problems. I've dropped three cars personally and never had a complaint. I also had never done it before doing my own either.

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:43 PM
ive done like 20 jbody suspensions, but i wont touch the installation of coilovers till i see a pro, and get help a few times.... there is just too much to @!#$ up on

15.1@90.34mph

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 12:23 PM

Installing coil-overs is no different than installing lowering springs, besides the lower perch being able to move. Hell, I built my suspension using all sorts of different parts, with no directions, and I'm still alive.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:27 AM
do you want a cookie? or perhaps a muffin? your not special

15.1@90.34mph
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:42 AM
-dougall- wrote:do you want a cookie? or perhaps a muffin? your not special

...and apparently neither are you. You bought your coil-overs and put them in so now you have done what millions on other people have done, wwhhoopp-t-dooo. fabricate something more complicated than a sub-frame brace before you start putting others down about what they can do.

James, I know what a pita Second Gen suspension is to get parts for, too bad other don't know there aren't allot available out there.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:37 AM
Hell yeah I want a cookie! Oreos are my favorite, but Nutter Butters are a close second. I'm not a big muffin fan though, so you can keep those.

My post wasn't directed at you specifically, but all the people out there who are afraid to do work for fear of screwing up, and to prove that things like suspension components can be built and be perfectly safe and usable. But..... if you want to take it personally, be my guest.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 5:28 AM
-dougall- wrote:if you have never done it before i do not recomment doing it yourself, get someone to do it for you, unless you dont mind dieing..... there was a guy in my city who installed coilovers on his Celica in the summer and after a day of driving on them one malfunctioned from improper installation and caused him to swirve into a 18 wheeler dieing instantly.....

After installing suspension you should always test it.

Hard transitons left to right and do the skidbad both directions a few times. Any problems should make themselves fairly evident. You also lack information on what coilovers he was using (crap or quality) and "there was a guy in my city" sounds like second hand knowledge.

Scaring people away saying there going to die if they screw up is a bit much. I've changed my suspension 5 times, and it will be 6 in a week when I get my Tein SS's. I never had any formal training in suspension installation or removal but I seem to be doing just fine. Just because one person makes a mistake a fails doesn't mean everyone will.

-Chris

Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:54 PM
With installing g.c. on koni yellows do you install the rear top hat on the coil overs? Mine have the top hat on and the rear end doesnt even drop that far down. I had a set of skunk2 coil overs and never installed that rear top hat and i could drop it really low.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:11 AM
There is no top hat in the rear with ground controls.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:56 PM
Ok so the rear spring should sit right on the strut mount then?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search