KYB AGX with Goldlines? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KYB AGX with Goldlines?
Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:25 PM
Is this combination any good AGX;s and Goldline springs?

Re: KYB AGX with Goldlines?
Monday, June 26, 2006 4:11 AM
goldline is lower than 1.5" drop so imo its retarded to use a strut thats only warrentied up to a 1.5" drop

Monday, June 26, 2006 5:54 PM
goldlines are bouncy as hell i hated them....got some eibachs no bounce as much

I AM the man from Nantucket
Monday, June 26, 2006 6:13 PM
The fronts are 1.7" drop... a little past warranty drop, but still beyond it. The rears are probably a bit too much of a drop though.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:02 PM
Bringing this back from the dead! I have the goldline springs and am looking to upgrade the struts. Whats the best ones to go with, I was looking at the KYB's but I didn't realize they were not good for that much drop.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:17 PM
anything past a 1.5" drop should use only koni yellows or tokico dspecs. yes there are a ton of struts out there but those are the only 2 that are recommened for anything that low

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:58 PM
DO NOT DO IT
I have them and i am now looking for new shocks and springs, they will ruin them
go with different springs unless you just like blowing money

Monday, October 22, 2007 10:18 AM
I hear a lot of talk about AGX's not handling well with sportlines. Any of you guys running the H&Rs on sportlines? They look to have a 1.4/1.6 drop.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Monday, October 22, 2007 11:12 AM
the beaver doctor wrote:I hear a lot of talk about AGX's not handling well with sportlines.

Sportlines are a 1.7/2.3 drop. Definitely not suitable for AGX's

the beaver doctor wrote:IAny of you guys running the H&Rs on sportlines? They look to have a 1.4/1.6 drop.

Obviously, the rear is beyond what KYB warranties, but that's up to you to decide on. I believe Zach ran this combo for a while though, so maybe he can chime in.

Monday, October 22, 2007 11:16 AM
muffin wrote:
the beaver doctor wrote:I hear a lot of talk about AGX's not handling well with sportlines.

Sportlines are a 1.7/2.3 drop. Definitely not suitable for AGX's

the beaver doctor wrote:IAny of you guys running the H&Rs on sportlines? They look to have a 1.4/1.6 drop.

Obviously, the rear is beyond what KYB warranties, but that's up to you to decide on. I believe Zach ran this combo for a while though, so maybe he can chime in.

Right, but .1" beyond warranty is better than the .8" beyond warranty that the Sportlines are rated at. I'll take it that way.

Dan Trump

Monday, October 22, 2007 11:17 AM
They are used struts anyways when I got them, so I don't have any warranty information. I got them for a good price with the sportlines barely used, so if they go, then it will be back to stock suspension. Just trying to correct the problem before too long.

Dan Trump

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search