Suspension Alignment issues Tien SS HELP ASAP!!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension Alignment issues Tien SS HELP ASAP!!!
Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:42 AM
was wondering if anyone had any problems with alignments after installing there Tien SS? I installed mine and the car was driving fine after installation. But it is recommened to get an alignment done. So I went and did that the week after I got it inspected cause of it being the earliest they could get me in. Seemed to handle fine wheel was started to get out of kilter some. But still went straight when I let go of the wheel. But then I noticed my tire was wearing on the inside. Bad enough that it wore down to my cords. (travel 60 - 70 miles round trip to work and back) I stopped in at the garage and told them that these tires still had good tread when I came in and now it is worn bad. And I wanted something done about it so they pulled my car back in the garage to have the alignment redone. Guy aligned it and drove straight but the wheel was way off from sitting right so I went right back and told him hey the wheel isn't sitting right. So the guy hoped in the car and drove it to see where it was at so he could correct it. This time when he pulled on got everything mounted and got stuff figured where it needed to be he pulled the slider pins and on the pass side it shot the slider over really hard. And he was like I've never had that happen before. So he went ahead did everything to it. and he took it for a ride to make sure it was all good. Which it was. So I hoped in it and left came home and laid down cause I had to work that next morning. Well on my way to work I took a sharp right hand corner. And the car grabbed really good and pulled me to the right. Then when I straightned the car it pulled back hard to the left and back right then the car straightned out. All while I was holding the steering wheel straight. I called the place up on my first break and told them what had happened the told them I would be in the next day they were open because it was a saturday and I wouldn't be home before they closed. I get home it started getting worse. And I noticed now my pass side tire has gotten worn really bad now. Went from probably half the tread left on the tire if not more down to seeing the warning lines that tell ya time to change tires. I went down that morning the one of the owners said Accused me of changing the suspension height in the parking lot prior to me leaving. And then said it has them baffled and told me they weren't going to do any more work on it and refunded me my money. Is it just @!#$ty work on the part of the garage? or is it a possible problem with my tie rods?

Need help just ordered new tires and want to know if I should get new tie rods and ends. Or if it is just a bad alignment and get the new tires on and have it aligned at the same time? Thanks in advance.

Re: Suspension Alignment issues Tien SS HELP ASAP!
Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:03 PM
I don't have a clue about the part where you say it pulls hard right then left. That sounds more like torque steer than anything.

Your tires are wearing too fast on the inside because you either have too much negative camber or too much toe out (or both). Find another store to do an alignment for you. I've actually had good luck with my Sears for alignments. Be sure to get a print-out of your car's specs and post them here.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:04 PM
Thanks. Do you know what they charge to install tires on rims? Cause I just ordered a new set and figured on going to sears.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:45 PM
I think it was about $13-15 per tire.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:04 PM
woof. I wish that was the price. They wanted 110 to just change the tires. The alignment wasn't a bad price at $64 but for 110. It is almost as much as I paid for the tires themselves from tire rack.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:15 PM
$110?!? Do you have some kind of insanely low profile tires? Even so, that would still be ridiclious. You should double check and make sure that 110 didn't include the alignment.

Friday, June 23, 2006 3:10 AM
I'm running 215 45 R17. I asked to make sure and the guy was like yeah it is 110 for tires and 64 for the alignment.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:27 AM
Alright here is the alignment specs That you guys wanted.

Rear axle Initial Target Data Final
Measurement Measurement

Camber Left -0.59 -0.75 [-0.45] +0.75 -0.58
Right -0.22 -0.23
Cross Camber -0.38 -0.36
Individual Toe Left +0.31 -0.15 [+0.10] +0.15 +0.31
Right -0.08 -0.08
Cross Toe +0.39 +0.39
Total Toe +0.23 -0.30 [+0.20] +0.30 +0.23
Setback -0.14
Geometrical Driving Axis -0.19

Front Axle Initial Target Data Final Measurement Measurement

Castor 10 Left +3.72 -1.00 [+4.30] +1.00 +3.68
Right +4.20 +4.17
KPI Left +13.89
Right +13.24
Camber Left -1.50 -1.00 [+0.00] +0.13 +0.18
Right +0.09 +0.13
Cross Camber -1.59 +0.05
Individual Toe Left +1.31 -0.12 [+0.00] +0.13 +0.01
Right +0.29 +0.02
Cross Toe +1.02 -0.01
Total Toe +1.59 -0.25 [+0.00] +0.25 +0.02
Setback +0.18
Included Angle 10 Left +12.42
Right +13.21

Did come out looking all that good on here Hopefully you can decfier it.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:53 PM
ill tell you this, with my teins, anything MORE then .5 degree of negative camber, my tires will rub on the spring/spring perch

Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:25 PM
Your camber wasn't bad at all. It was your front toe that was WAY off.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:39 PM
the only thing I seen rubbing was on my passanger side in well area and I think that was cause my frickin' ball joint was loose.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search