bleeding brakes, system completely dry - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bleeding brakes, system completely dry
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:21 PM
Ive searched guys, and all i found are brake bleeding stuff for the calipers.

I have recently did the eco swap with all new braking hardware.
* I filled the resevoir and let the fluid gravity bleed to the calipers
* then bleed the brakes like normal.
* then fired up the car and the pedal does to the floor and barely stops the vehicle.

So how do i bleed the "metering block"?

Ive been told to crack all the lines and do it again, and i have been told to use a tech 2 but need alot of special tools.

So is there any "backyard/ driveway method"

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**

Re: bleeding brakes, system completely dry
Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:28 AM
Don't know of a special tool but the way I always bleed brakes is with the car running. That way the brake systems power booster is working and makes the job Oh so much easier !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:09 AM
I had to take my car to a GM dealer to have the module bled. Then I bled all 4 corners with a vacuum-assist pump. My brakes are fine.

No matter what I tried... I couldn't get the damn thing to bleed w/o the Tech 2. I don't believe there is a way, even the service manual (which usually says if there are different methods of doing things, ie.. the quick Passlock relearn using the Techlink terminal, takes 10 minutes... or the slow Passlock relearn using the key and waiting, takes 30 minutes), said that you can only do it with the Tech 2.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 1:29 PM
y do you need a tech 2? what electronic valve or whatever needs to be controlled?

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:03 PM
The modulator valves in the ABS system probably need to be opened and closed individually would be my guess.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search