rsm front strut bar - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rsm front strut bar
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:24 AM
Has anyone ever had problems installing the front strut bar on a gen3 cavi? my bar seems longer than the space it was intended for! i jacked both sides of the car up, doesnt work

Re: rsm front strut bar
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:15 PM
No. It should be almost exactly the same length, and generally the same shape.
How much longer do you think it is?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 2:09 PM
like an inch or 2,

here it is without it being on jackstands, If I remember right, the instructions said to lift the front of the car then install, but i did that also and it still didnt fit.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:25 PM
Well it seems ive solved my own problem, (All props to da org though for helpin). I emailed RSM racing with my dilema and the above picks and it seems the bar I have is for the rear, the front looks exactly the same just shorter.

Heres the sucky part though, I ordered both the front & rear from Highrevmotorsports february of last year and it seems they sent me the correct mounting plates for the front & the rear but sent me 2 rear bars instead of a front & a rear.

Due to certain events I am just now getting around to addressing the problem. Hopefully RSM and myself can work something out.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:03 PM
I didn't think you were supposed to jack up the car prior to installation. The point of a strut bar is to hold your geometry during a turn. Unless you are driving around jacked up, there is no point in locking in the geometry of your jacked up car.
Friday, June 16, 2006 11:11 AM
FireHawk wrote:I didn't think you were supposed to jack up the car prior to installation. The point of a strut bar is to hold your geometry during a turn. Unless you are driving around jacked up, there is no point in locking in the geometry of your jacked up car.

I was thinking along the same lines... Interesting... Can anybody confirm that you are indeed suppose to jack the car up prior to installation??

Proud member of PreciZion

Friday, June 16, 2006 9:05 PM
The strut towers may already be leaning inward a little while sitting on the ground because of the unibody flexing, especially an older car due to fatigue. On a nonadjustable strut bar sometimes they won't fit and the front has to be jacked up for the strut towers to spread out enough to put the strut bar on. If you think about it doing that could also help with unwanted negative camber if the strut towers are leaning in more due to flex, especially if you're lowered which is causing even more negative camber.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search