ETS and Check Engine after Brake job... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ETS and Check Engine after Brake job...
Monday, June 12, 2006 6:58 AM
I got my brakes done over the weekend and now i get ETS and Check Engine light on. Why would this be? Could it be they forgot to attach the speed sensor?
Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------
The Chronicles of Dust
View the website and read the Novel.
http://dustnovel.webs.com

Re: ETS and Check Engine after Brake job...
Monday, June 12, 2006 7:18 AM
i dunno about that, but obviously something isnt right. i would check it overbefore something major goes wrong.

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:23 AM
when they do brakes, it has nothing to do w/ the sensor. the sensor is behind the rotor and not touched during the install. check behind the wheel and look at the sensor and see if any wires are exposed that could be grounding themselves

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:32 AM
if ABS+ETS and check engine ( or service on 00+ ) lights come on....then its a speed sensor....but have them checked anyways

CaviFL45

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:47 AM
I knew it. Should of done it myself. Gonna bring it back tonight and let u guys know.

The Chronicles of Dust

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:32 AM
Carlos F. wrote:if ABS+ETS and check engine ( or service on 00+ ) lights come on....then its a speed sensor....but have them checked anyways[/quoteYeah, the speed sensor is behind the rotor. If they were not carefull, they could have damaged it, or cut a line by accident. They may have unplugged it for some reason. I'd check the sensor and plug.

Monday, June 12, 2006 4:20 PM
well honestly to tell you the truth, if they did break the sensor or cut the wire, good luck getting them to replace it. you know they did it but since you drove off the lot there is no proof that they did it. just check the sensors and see if they are loose or something. they could of been hit then when were taking the caliper bolts out

Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:25 AM
It was one sensor on the left. Pluged it Brought it back to the shop and they scanned it. It came up with 2 errors. One with a high volt and the other was an emissions thing. Can't remember what they were. But why would I get this all of a sudden. Never happened before.

So anyway to make a long story short. I went back home and unplugged the battery. Left it for about an hour and boom back to normal. No check engine or nothing...

This was Gary's Automotive in Ottawa, On, Canada. Never gonna bring it back there...

The Chronicles of Dust

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search