Need help with Gravana Coilovers (PICS) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help with Gravana Coilovers (PICS)
Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:58 AM
Ok here are the pics and the problem is there is leakage in the box. Now I am overseas so this is jsut what my mom showed and told me. It's oily and in every box. Im thinking its just a coating on the struts but I jsut wnat to be sure. If anyone can help me out that would be great.

Front struts leaking this is the only pic of it that I got form my mom

Fronts outta the box

Rears outta the box

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Need help with Gravana Coilovers (PICS)
Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:57 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=101401&t=101401
Here's the unofficial Gravana Coilover Thread. There was a couple of people who had those issues as well and I believe they contacted Gravana and got it taken care of.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:10 AM
That really doesn't help I don't have tim eo tread all 7 pages but fomr the first 2 the only problems were one was blown and toe and camber. No one states if they found oil in there box like mine. Was your box like mine or was it bone dry. Let me know. Plus were your struts oily or were they bone dry. I highly doubt all 4 of mine are blown the odds of that happening are slim to none I hope.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:35 PM
Ok I talked to my dad. Gotta love the satalite phoen on the ship well he took the top mount off and the spring off and told me that when h compressed teh struts they all rose back up pretty fast. The fronts (the leaking ones) rose faster then the rears. Also all of the damper adjusters turned and clicked very faintly they said but they heard it. If anyone can comfirm that they are good let me know.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:27 PM
Well I'm not sure about the oil that was actually on the box, but the threads on the struts actually SHOULD NOT be bone dry. At least the Tein SS' I got specifically stated not to clean them. Since a coil-over is a coil-over, if its just the threads on the strut that are oily/greasy, I dont think Id worry. Id still wait for actual gravana coil-over owners to chime in though.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:12 PM
the oil stains in the box is normal , when they assembled the struts they left oil on them and didnt clean the oil off

mine had the same stain , and ive had no problems

Sunday, June 11, 2006 5:46 PM
mine had stains. i'm anal about suspension. i made jim replace it for free. he did. contact him........thread done

Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:10 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]

Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:29 PM
alias1429 (now with boost) wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092536
Monday, June 12, 2006 7:22 AM
Thanks a bunch guys. I was kinda worried after spending that much on them. Plus the fact that i'm millions of miles away from them so I can't jsut look at them and test them.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:49 AM
i should also mention that my struts have been dry and oil free on the outside , since i cleaned the oil off from assembly

so there is no leaks of any kind

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search