agx struts ??? about install - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
agx struts ??? about install
Friday, May 26, 2006 12:18 PM
so i know these agx stuts arent made for coils i dont care.....i jsut want to know if you just do the same as you would with stock struts as far as cutting them.....just cut teh spring perch off around the weld and beat it off....do i do that to the rear also??/ and im confused by the rear because tehre is a stopper thingy thast right on top of the strut body and where teh rod part goes in...how do i get that off so i can fit my coil sleeves over that.....jsut wondering.....and i know there not made for coilovers i dont care its what i ahve and got so im gonna use them.....

Thanx Charles

Re: agx struts ??? about install
Friday, June 09, 2006 11:48 AM
anyone got anyinfo?????

Thanx Charles
Friday, June 09, 2006 2:34 PM
no because no one puts coils on agxs...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:31 PM
try and find nova racer he's the only one I know who has done it.

-Chris

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:10 PM
You'll have to shave that "stopper thingy" all the way around.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:39 AM
What coilovers do you have?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:33 AM
there ground control....i know i got the worng struts but to late o well there better then 4 blown stock ones for over a year so i d k.....

Thanx Charles
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:05 AM
Have you tried calling GC then to see if they have any advice? Remember that they make different kits to fit different types of struts, including the KYB GR2's. Not that the struts will work... but at least the kit will fit on them.

They may have since done some test fits or something on the AGX and might have some suggestions on how to do the install.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:26 AM
yea i called them and there sending me the right sleeves for teh rear....the person that sold me the kit said tehre were for agx and ugh there not hahah....so yea 70 bucks lata i got the fronts on....and with the shorter springs i used used the rear sleeve so i can bring it back up to stock height even with the shorter springs....but i hope they hold for awhile at least its not gonna be slammed....and ugh even if i do slam it and blow them im used to blown struts and have had tehm for over a year so im not sure ill really care....

Thanx Charles
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:51 PM
You should care because it's dangerous. Blown struts make you bounce and bouncing can make you lose control of the car.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:45 PM
i know its dangours i cant spell haha but i have had blown shocks and struts for over 2 years and go out town on interstate all the time i already bounce i konws its not smart
and im not slammin it im jsut goin down a lil bit....

Thanx Charles

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:17 AM
So basically, what you're telling us is that you are the reason the general public hates modded cars and think we're all punks making the streets more dangerous for everyone to drive on.

Not cool at all.

If something is broken on your car that affects the safety of other people on the roads, you have a responsibility to either fix it or stay the hell off the roads.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search