got my progress rear on... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got my progress rear on...
Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:34 PM

it is well... one of the best things ive ever done

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Re: got my progress rear on...
Monday, June 05, 2006 2:00 PM
Looks good

One question, why didn't you put your agxs on with the knobs facing in. It makes adjustments SO much easier.

No need to remove tire or anything.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, June 05, 2006 3:05 PM
^^^ My thoughts entirely....

Monday, June 05, 2006 7:29 PM
um, why would i have to remove the tire? lol... they face out so i can see what setting they are on, reach my arm in the rim and turn it. So i dont have to look like a goof under the car.

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Monday, June 05, 2006 7:32 PM
Looks pretty strait forward to install. That will be my next suspension upgrade

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:03 PM
Ummmm.....

Is that installed correctly (meaning, with all the pieces it came with)? I hope that isn't the way it comes. There is no way for the bar to work properly bolted directly the the axle like that.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:28 PM
James Cahill wrote:Ummmm.....

Is that installed correctly (meaning, with all the pieces it came with)? I hope that isn't the way it comes. There is no way for the bar to work properly bolted directly the the axle like that.

Really?? Don't all the bars bolt to the axle?? Sure the Addco & eibach connect to the bottom but does that really make that much difference??

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:51 PM
i sure did install it correctly, it doesnt have endlinks if thats what your talking about but they all end up connecting to that spot. i dont see the problem

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:33 PM
I'm pretty sure its just the design of the bar

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:49 PM
It doesn't really matter where it bolts (assuming that we all know it has to bolt somewhere near the end of the arm, but that an entirely different story), but it can't be a solid attachment like that. There needs to be something that will deflect under load, some sort of bushing, and the lower strut bushing doesn't cut it. A solid attachment like that will lead to premature weakening of the spring steel the bar is made of.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:33 AM
so now are you still trying to say it doesnt work, or that the steel may break? i know a couple people who have had them on for quite a while and have had no problems. They also have had the eibach set and went back to a progress and stock front because they liked it better.

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:00 PM
Alright, ill pitch in what knowledge and experience I have with this bar, and a few others I have had.

I have had the rksport 22mm rear, along with the eibach rear/front. And now went back to the OEM 03+ front with poly bushings, and the progress 22 rear. It has been the most NEUTRAL setup from all of them that I have had. And also provided the LEAST amount of roll. The RK design had the most, and also hung extremely low, which doesn't help with how low my car sits. The bar does it's job while sitting in the car, and is shimmed away from the torsion beam, along with having poly bushings on the face of the beam, I dont see how it could stress it out, or weaken it. Only stiffen it and make it that much stronger? Correct me if im wrong.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:11 PM
Wow, I had no idea that the progress bar installed like that. A solid mounting is much more efficient than endlinks. Cool!!

Go Go OG Traction!!
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:59 PM
^thats what im trying to say

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Sunday, June 18, 2006 12:39 PM
Jared wrote:so now are you still trying to say it doesnt work, or that the steel may break? i know a couple people who have had them on for quite a while and have had no problems.

Not that it will break, it will weaken. Take a bar like this (solid links) thats been in use for a year or so, and check its rate. I guarantee it will be weaker than a bar that has a bushing at the end instead of a solid attachment. It will work, but not to the same extent as a properly designed end link with a bushing of some sort.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search