I NEED HELP!!!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I NEED HELP!!!!
Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:53 PM
i have a 1999 chevy cavalier and i just purchased drop zone springs and kyb gr-2 struts. i took off my front two springs and struts but i cant seem to get off the top piece that screws in the part under the hood. i rented a spring compressor to take the springs off but i cant seem to get off that top mounting bracket. is there some kind of special tool that i need or should i just bring it somewheres to get it done. i dont really want to spend any more money but if that sounds like the best route than i will

Re: I NEED HELP!!!!
Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:15 PM
you need a wrench to hold the strut and a socket to get the nut off.

btw gr2 arent meant to be lowered on and dropzone is terrible. they are gonna kill those struts quick

Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:26 PM
i tried that but the top mounting bracket just kept spinning without unloosening....when the struts blow will i need to change them or will it just make the ride alot bumpier?
Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:29 PM
you will need to change them if they blow because your going to be bouncing all over the place and its unsafe. the springs have a very high spring rate and those struts arent going to be able to handle it. i say you'll be lucky if they last a year before they blow.

when i did mine all i did was take a pair of channel locks and held it in place then used a socket to take the nut off

Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:44 PM
well hey hit me back as soon as u can and tell me what kind of struts i should get...i am kinda new at all of this so i just need a suggestion. i am ganna buy some different struts but what kind should i get????not too expensive, but not so cheap to where i am ganna have to replace them in a year or so.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search