abs light comes on - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
abs light comes on
Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:24 PM
SO...... to start off..... my ABS & battery light used to come on occasionally and then all of a sudden my battery just completely died... got a new one, installed it... GM tech told me the abs light would come on when the battery was almost gone so I thought nothing of the abs light coming on and installed the new battery. About a week after I got the new battery the abs light has started to come on and it's getting more and more frequent. I turn the car off and turn it on again and it goes away and the abs works fine again. Any ideas?

Re: abs light comes on
Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:52 PM
ya, maybe theres something wrong with your ABS (theres your sign) lmfao.
i work with a garage full of GM tech's, their not the sharpest tool in the shed, believe me,

i would imagine that your battery light was on cause your battery was gonna die lol, and it was a counsidence that your abs light came on at the same time.....

either that or this: when does your abs come on? when your coming to a stop and you hit a bump?

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:31 AM
the abs light comes on about 10 seconds after I start driving. Along with a clicking sound.
Friday, May 26, 2006 7:40 AM
Matthew Richardson wrote:the abs light comes on about 10 seconds after I start driving. Along with a clicking sound.

Sounds like your ABS sensor is hitting the CV axle. It is now probably bad. The ABS sensor sits real close to the CV axles but should not hit it. You should be able to look at it and see for sure if it is hitting.

FU Tuning

Friday, May 26, 2006 4:21 PM
it only usually does this in the morning or after my car has been sitting for a while and once I start the car again it is fine... I'll check this tonight.
Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:12 PM
Hi, mine does something similar. It only comes on when I put my 4 ways on though? Any ideas?
Sunday, May 28, 2006 1:01 AM
ok...... soo..... been two days since it last happened... took out the fuses for the abs inside the engine bay and one wasn't quite completely in... sorta half in... so I guess the jostle from the car starting would click it in place and sometimes it wouldn't... was also some dust on the contacts that I cleaned off.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search