A couple questions? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A couple questions?
Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:14 AM
Hey I am getting rid of my dropzone set-up soon. Just had a couple questions if anyone could help me out?

Your opinion what is better, koni yellows or tokico d-specs. I am thinking of going with the d-specs so I dont have to mess with the front insert.

Ground control's, do they work well with tokico's and are they really worth that money or should I just go with a set of sportlines. I have about 1200 to spend on suspension. Maybe a little more.

Re: A couple questions?
Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:37 AM
i prefer konis over tokico but its all personal preference, they are both good struts.

yes gc are worth the money. gc are coils and sportlines are springs so you gotta ask yourself which do you wanna go w/ first before you make a decision on what you wanna buy

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:45 AM
im personally not overly knowlegeable in the way of struts... i just know the most common preferance on this site seems to be going with the koni yellows... i know they are fully adjustable, and a really good setup with both sportlines and the Ground Controls. not to say tokico arent a good setup, but there seem to be fewer people out there with them... so take that as you will

as for the springs... i have heard that yes, they are most certainly worth the money, but it depends on what youre looking for. you mention sportlines, does this mean that you do or dont want the height of the suspension to be adjustable?

sportlines are a really good, commonly used (here) spring, but if youre lookin to go the route of adjustable, and have the money(which you say you do) then most certainly go with the GC's... either way youre going with eibach springs, so you know theyre gonna be very good.
but first ask yourself if you want an adjustable height, or stationary height. and go from there.

you may or may not know, but there are some REALLY REALLY good write ups out there on how to install the koni yellows (inserts are tricky a bit, but still within the reach of someone with a dremel) search for them if you already havent, i know they made me feel a lot more comfortable about the setup i want to run.

again, take this as you will, and good luck with your choice, and eventually install!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:54 AM
if you have around 1200 why not do a full adjustable dmpaner coilover setup. Tein gravana manta part and rksport all have a diffrent type. tein ss coilovers are realy nice but those are on backorder.manta part's are exspensive but they use blistens. Gravana works but they have some quirks. rksports work well and from what i've read they last a good time a full drop.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:16 AM
I thought rk sport stopped selling their set-up. I dont see them on the site?
Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:49 AM
chev_cav04 wrote:I thought rk sport stopped selling their set-up. I dont see them on the site?

If they haven't yet, then they probably should. They're just not a competitive option anymore when just about everyone else has adjustable damping now.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:07 PM
has anyone every heard of these? I just found these and I have never seen them before?

http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1467/137/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search