Tokico D-specs and Sportlines - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tokico D-specs and Sportlines
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:52 AM
This seems like a pretty good setup right? I just have a few questions..

Are the D-specs actually shortened struts (shorter than oem)??

Does anyone have a pic of the d-specs, not the ones on the website, i mean, when they arrived at your house or something.

How did they workout for you? I have read through searches that the ride is pretty descent with this setup, and handeling is good too when the adjustments are made to the struts. Any input?

Re: Tokico D-specs and Sportlines
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:10 PM
They're not shortened from what I could tell when I did mine. It's really all about the valving and how they're made. They very well could be shortened, I don't know for sure, but I didn't compare them to the stock ones because they sucked themselves in when I disassembled everything. They were completely blown with no rebound left... But I like the D-Specs. I have them turned up about mid-way in the rear and slightly firmer in the front. Couldn't be happier.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:12 PM
hmm good info. i dunno fittheir shortened wat makes them lowereing struts then?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:07 AM
bump? does anyone know why tokico dspecs are a good choice, and their listed as a "lowering strut?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:16 AM
It's because they're capable of handling the higher rate springs used in lowering.

You need more damping power to do that effectively without blowing.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:20 AM
are they shortened?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:29 AM
no, they are not shortend. like ww said they are called lowering struts because they can handle the spring rates and handle being able to take the abuse.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:49 AM
thanks, i was waiting for your input......very knowledgeable im just worried about suspension travel...... with it being lowered and its not a shortened strut..... do you think i have anything to worrry about? im gonna purchase eibach sportlines with theses and i just dont wanna bottom out all the time......do you think i have anything to worry about baggedcav?

what are some shortened struts?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:30 AM
thats what the damping is for. it makes up for the suspension travel so you wont bottom out when your so low

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:47 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]thats what the damping is for. it makes up for the suspension travel so you wont bottom out when your so low

That's actually what the higher spring rates are partially for. The damping is to keep them from rebounding so you don't drive down the street like a pogo stick.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:26 PM
awesome. thanks guys. im lookin forward to a good suspension and i guess tokico and sportlines are an okay setup, noone has shunned them yet

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:08 PM
what about these struts?
their the mantapart ones.
OP 1201K Sports Strut Package: Our race-proven engineering gives you a smoother and better controlled gas pressure strut made especially for lowered applications. With proper length and better valving to give the best possible ride for your street and sports usage. Limited life-time warranty, also.
OP 1201K Set of 4 Struts $450.00

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:08 AM
I found these on ebay, do you think it would be wise to buy them here? i mean, i guess they have gotta be what they say they are.......he has a ton of struts for sale......... and a good rating.....

CLICK ME TO GO TO EBAY

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:46 AM
I'm going out on a limb here...

Why are you so reluctant about this? There isn't anyone on here that's going to tell you Sportlines and D-Specs are a bad idea. It's one of the top combinations people use. Why? They're the sh*t. Not that we mind helping you out, but at some point you're going to have to stop second guessing yourself. You know the Sportlines and D-Specs are a good choice. Roll with it.

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:29 AM
o i know that, their my choice, im just weary about getting them on ebay. does that look legit?

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:39 AM
go with a reputable company that serves the J-body community. I got mine from Jason at A+ Performance. that way, I knew I was buying from a reputable and known seller, and I wasn't going to have any issues. he got mine to me really quick too. you might pay a little more, but for me, it was worth it.
check out Car Customs and Gravana as well.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:39 AM
alot of people get them from ebay. if you dont feel safe order them form jason at aplus

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:57 AM
cool, thanks for your input, im prob just gonna get them from ebay, cause i looked and noone has them for that price. and im getting the sportlines from a shop in my area from keystone.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search