aftermarket sway bars - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
aftermarket sway bars
Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:32 PM
what is the most preffered setup when it comes to sway bars. i would deff like to loose some of the infamous Jbody roll. I just want to see peoples opinions. I am gonna be doing d specs on my sprints and am looking to make the car handle. I know my friends ZX2 is really awesome handling wise. he has a stock front sway bar 22MM rear sway bar all polly bushings and a pro-kit with tokico hp struts on 16" wheels and it handles me under the table all day long.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: aftermarket sway bars
Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:27 PM
The01Cav wrote: ...it handles me under the table all day long.

haha, thought that was funny.

but anyways on topic. most people go with just the addco rear sway bar, some go with both front and rear. If you have the front 22mm already, you should be fine with the rear. Then get as many poly bushings as you can. For springs and struts, best handling.... tein ss's. If you are going for a cheaper route try h&r springs on dspecs or konis. The real budget autocrossers like h&r's on agx's it seems. What will probably help the most are tires. Get some sticky tires and you are all set. Try some azenis st115's for something sticky but will last a decent amount of time. A good performance alignment will help a ton too.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:14 PM
I've got the Addco front, and the IRS rear. I love the setup. Very neutral. Addco makes kickass bars.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:51 PM
would my car have a great difference with doing a addco 1" rear swaybar and the stock front?

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:42 PM
i have the 1" addco rear bar with the stock front and i'm lowered about 2" on gravana coilovers. it handles really well with the addition of that rear bar. there was a very noticeable difference after i installed it. i don't really know how to describe it, but corners are uber fun. i really want to autocross now.

if you're looking to get an addco bar now, check out the addco gp. thats where i got mine.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:32 PM
The01Cav wrote:would my car have a great difference with doing a addco 1" rear swaybar and the stock front?

yes, the car will actually want to turn instead of understeer

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:24 AM
The Addco on top of an otherwise stock suspension is very...interesting

With sticky tires, you'll be picking up the inside rear on sharp corners, it's weird. But overall it does take a lot of the understeer out.

I recommend, if you're going to do it, go all the way with it and do a decent spring/strut setup. The Teins weren't available when I did mine, but I went with the Koni Sport Kit (Sprints/Struts in 1 package) Nicely balanced. Knowing the name of Tein, I am willing to bet that those kick butt.

That's not all I did, but I'll leave it to you to check my registry if you want to know more.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:08 PM
well I think I'm gonna do the addco rear with the stock front and just get new front sway bar bushings and endlinks for the front. I am gonna prolly pull it off though one day and sand it down re paint it so it will stop rusting for a lil bit. what size links are the fronts so I can buy new ones? I want to get the poly bushings for the car to stiffen it up a lil bit to. This setup will be used with sprints and d specs.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:48 AM
anyone have and/or know anything on the eibach swaybar set?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:17 AM
I just bought the Eibach Sway Bar Kit for my 1996 Cavalier and was left a bit dissapointed. The Big problem is that the Front Sway Bar is too big and actually touches the Drive shafts after the end links are installed and the vehicle is loaded on the ground. I spent 5-6 hours at work trying to get it to fit (i had a hoist) and nothing. The interference would damage the shafts and tear open the CV boots.(it wasn't installed upside down, casue i did that at first and had to remove it to put it in right) I've called Eibach regarding this problem and they are going to look into the issue - as for now, i didn't install the rear bar since i wanted the whole set up. Has anyone else run across this problem with the Eibach Kit? or have you just installed the rear? Any input??? Thanx

3rd Place 3rd Gen Modified - 2010 JCO Bash
1st Place J-Body Mild Class - 2010 XTS
2nd Place Cavalier Mild - 2010 OPC Summer Showdown (Day 1)
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Z22 "Import Fighter" - 2.2L OHV
2010 Pontiac Vibe "1SC" Package - 2.4L DOHC VVT-i
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search