Best rotors - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best rotors
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:44 AM
Any opinions on the best aftermarket rotors? BAER DecelaRotors, or Powerslot, or Brembo? Any others that should be considered?

Re: Best rotors
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:18 PM
I've had the Brembo slotted rotors on for about half a year now paired with Akebono ProACT ceramics, and I love them. Cost about $150ish for both rotors if I remember correctly. The Akebono ceramics are great as well as they have the bite as well as leave almost no dust at all on your wheels.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:32 PM
I've had the Brembo sport slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Love them!!! Great for autoxing as well as daily driver. Minimal noise and low dust. Rotors still looking great after several thousand miles.

"If you aren't shifting, then you certainly aren't driving!"
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:22 PM
I just installed some Nickel Coated Drilled and Slotted rotors with EBC Yellowstuff'R pads and love them. Great look and awesome performance.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:13 PM
How has that nickel coating held up for you Hypsy? Just curious becuase although my rotors have held up performance wise perfectly, I noticed the edge that is exposed to the elements has rusted. I'm pretty sure that there aren't many coatings for the rotors that hold up for a long time.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:23 PM
i have #1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors and kevlar/ceramic brake pads.i got them from nopi and got it all for $140.i've had no porblems with them and they work grate
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:40 PM
The nickel coating gets scraped off where the pads meet and grab but other than that so far so good. Only hadd them for like a week or so though.

FYI: I sell both the rotors and pads I have, and more, if anyone is interested

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:38 PM
I Have the BAER Decela Rotors cross drilled and slotted and zinc plated. They are really good for the money cheaper then Powerslot and Brembo

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:14 AM
My Baer rotors are zinc plated and after over 2 years now, there's still no rust on them outside the firepath. I'm quite happy with how they've held up.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:45 AM
ive heard HAWK Ferro Carbon pads, and Baer Decalarotors are the "best" combo... but if you dont want to go the way of slotted and drilled, id suggest the Brembo Slotted Rotors.

good luck dude

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search