Need info - Cheap KYB AGXs and GR-2s on Ebay - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need info - Cheap KYB AGXs and GR-2s on Ebay
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:41 AM
Hi,

I would just like to check with the people who bought their KYBs off the ebay AND received them eventually.

There are two companies with extremely high sales ratings - jdmwerks13 (16000+) and performance parts store (9000+) currently selling the KYBs for very low prices... like USD 320+sh for AGX and USD 180_sh for GR2s.

I have purchased the AGXs from the Performance Parts Store some 2 weeks ago and they havent shipped them out yet. They have 16 available in their auction, yet they are completely ignoring my order. I know that at this time of the year a lot of shocks get backordered and I am worried that they are actually pulling that scam on people...

I would never buy them if it was not clearly stated that they have 16 of those (sets) available and that they would ship within 2 days. I contacted them from a different account and asked them if they had them in stock, they are ignoring my question completely. More interestingly other seller, jdmwerks13 is ignoring the same questions as well. I have asked the same about the GR2s as well - no replies.

This makes me believe that neither has any shocks in stock and they are blatantly taking money and ignoring the buyers until they get them from the manufacturers... i have been in this boat before, which is why i went with these high rating sellers to avoid the potential forever wait...

Has anyone bought these shocks from any of these sellers or from someone else on Ebay? If yes, did they have them in stock, how fast did you get them and if something went wrong, could you refund your money instead of waiting forever.

One last question - if they have broken their stated conditions of sale where they state they will ship out 2 days after the payment clears - can I ask for a refund?

Any help and info is appreciated!

Thanks
Vlad

CAC2004 FSS#1, 2003,2004 Atlantic FSP #1, 2004 Overall Atlantic #1

Re: Need info - Cheap KYB AGXs and GR-2s on Ebay
Monday, May 22, 2006 11:12 AM
I bought a set from JDMwerks for my Fiero a while back and got them very quickly...
Hmm.

Couldn't say what the deal is.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Monday, May 22, 2006 11:41 AM
I got my kybs off ebay, prolly from the same seller because it was around $320 for the set. I had them in about a week.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Monday, May 22, 2006 2:29 PM
i got brand new gr2's i never put on my old car.. they are collecting dust.. i can send out QUICK!!
Monday, May 22, 2006 3:17 PM
haha nice. Where are you located and how much you want for them?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:26 AM
it might have to do w/ the way you paid for it. maybe they are processing your order. not everyone gets around to doing things next day and sometimes it might take a few days to process the order

btw if your lowered, you shouldnt buy gr2s

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:38 AM
whatever man, if they state in their sale conditions that they are doing it in 2 business days then they should be doing it then. I wouldn't buy from them if I wasn't promised fast delivery, which in my case is the key.

And I know about lowering, if you read my sig and knew what it means you would know that I know a thing or two about suspension setups. Thanks for trying to help though, even AGXs are not officially made for lowering below 1.5in.

I managed to speak with the ebay store, supposedly they had a glitch in their computer (yeah right) and they have all of the orders erased and sold double of what they had in stock. How does that sound to you?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:51 AM
things happen some times. not everyone is out trying to get you. 2 weeks is not long. ive waited 6 months for a hood before

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:03 AM
Sorry to hear that. I've order my GR2's from ebay before, and reicieved them really quickly. I guess sh*t happens sometimes.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:17 AM
I ordered my AGX's from that performanceparts store (I don't trust the whole JDM works spelled the wrong way crowd). Mine came quickly, so I'm not sure what your problem is.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:20 AM
I ordered my GR-2's from jdmwerks13. They shipped really quickly, but when I received them the shafts were poking through the boxes, and I was missing one of the front strut nuts. They were not responsive at all to email.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:34 AM
PPS is a good seller. I've got a few thing from him. They've always shipped within a few days.
Just wait, now that you're complaining they'll probably show up tomorrow, postmarked a day after you bought them. "Lost in transit" or something....

eBay has a strict policy that you must physically have anything you list, unless you specifically state that you don't have it yet. They're not allowed to sell you something and then tell you it's back orded, they'll get banned for life doing that just 3 times.

You can get their contact info from eBay, call them up.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:21 AM
Zach wrote:I ordered my AGX's from that performanceparts store (I don't trust the whole JDM works spelled the wrong way crowd). Mine came quickly, so I'm not sure what your problem is.

Same here.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:45 AM
hey man i got the same AGX they jsut came 2day....i called and they said something about kyb not delivering them to them to be shipped out.....it took a liltte longer then i wnated but i did get them...now im jsut confused as how to assemble them hahah but yea they did ship them out and i got them a day before the expected delievey date on my tracking number so who knows

Thanx Charles
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:09 AM
i got a ? tho the rear struts that i got have jsut a lil bit of a mounting cup i would call it not sure waht exactly its called
this is the rear strut the best i could come up with.....
I I \
I I | all 3 are silver rod that goes in strut
I I /

( ) like a lil gold washer thing
I I strut body
( __ ) spring/ coilover mount i would guess
I I \
I I | strut body
I I /
I * I adj. knob
( 0 )

then the front ones are the same its just that there is a huge mount there im not sure if its right srry if the drawing doesnt help much hahahaha

Thanx Charles
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:53 AM
I purchased mine from a company called 'sparkplugsource'.

I got my AGX's shipped to Canada within 5 business days. I just checked and they are selling for $330 for the set.

Great experience with this company.

tygriff
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:46 PM
I just received my AGX's today from jdmworks, 9 days after payment and I am located in Canada.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 2:46 PM
Just received email from PPS - they have been shipped !

Glitch in their ordering system supposedly... they will be here in time for the regional autocross #1 ! Wooohooo

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:00 PM
got a ? tho bout agx waht do you all have to cut on the rear strut... iknow u gotta cut the front lil spacer theing and the mount off like a stock strut but im confused by the back anyone know....????

Thanx Charles
Friday, May 26, 2006 11:16 AM
nothing in the rear just the front bump stop
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search