AIR a common topic - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AIR a common topic
Monday, May 22, 2006 8:55 PM
I'm interested in doing airride in my cavi, I've heard that the valves don't like cold air and winter weather, even though I will mount them inside the trunk, how do you all deal with it in the winter? is it wise to drive your bagged car in the winter even if your valves and stuff are inside the trunk? Could I put a blanket over them if I have to drive and leave my car outside for any length of time? If someone with air could give me some advice, a lil bit will go a long ways. thanks again!

Re: AIR a common topic
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:17 PM
Just make sure you have a water trap and drain your tank weekly (or so). You'll be fine.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:59 AM
i only had a valve stick do to debris on the rubber seal inside the valve. ive never had a valve stick do to cold weather.

like cts said. if you drain your tank of the water, then there will be less likely of a chance of the valve freezing

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:44 AM
same here i drove mine all winter and not one problem, iam using air ride tech air system in case ya wanted to know

can i haz bondo
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:24 AM
If your running compressors, you will always get moisture, water traps and drained tanks help, but dont stop it. If it is Below freezing where you are I can only recomend Remote start and Valve heaters(12V heating pads work great) You can also find heated valves on a 24v aplication.

If your running compressed gas, then the gas is moisture free, so you have nothing to wory about unless you run a super cooling gas(like nitrogen) which will accualy freeze the valves itself under heavy play.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:27 PM
any negatives that are common if running an air ride in 'extremely' hot climates, i.e. 110/115+ summers?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2339406
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:34 PM
humid so i would drain the water trap more often

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:13 AM
actually humidity is really low, so I would think less often... but I don't know, that's why I'm asking!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2339406
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search