Air ride... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air ride...
Saturday, May 20, 2006 4:57 AM
Im gettin ready to bag my friends 97 cav, we already have all the air management stuff. Im very fimiliar with air and have smc cylinders on my car. What cylinders/air struts does everyone use on there cars?? Thanks for any help..

Re: Air ride...
Saturday, May 20, 2006 7:44 AM
Easystreet and ART (Air Ride Tech.) are the most popular. I am running Easystreet.

-Brandon

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:09 AM
redecocav wrote:Easystreet and ART (Air Ride Tech.) are the most popular. I am running Easystreet.

x2

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:16 PM
Is there actually any cylinders with brackets made besides the aim/chasis tech(JUNK)? Id rather stick with cylinders due to price and for the fact there faster.
Saturday, May 20, 2006 4:12 PM
IDK

-Brandon

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:43 PM
lol aim is a joke. imo people who use aim are too cheap to buy real stuff. eai makes cylinders for cavs

Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:41 PM
Easystreet here

Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:48 AM
Eai was bought out buy universal air and is junk to, I use to have them on my avenger. Anyway he went and ordered the easystreet struts
Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:11 AM
Good luck with the install. Mine was cake!

-Brandon

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:30 AM
Cylinders, You have AIM, MAC Air, and EAI, However NONE of them are Safe. I ended up making my own setup. I used Parker Cylinders with a 3.25" bore and 6" stroke. The Rods are 1" with a 7/8" Stud that I replaced with a 7/8" Grade 8 stud. Then I made all the braketry myself. This so far has been faily safe, a plain grade 5 7/8" stud is NOT strong enough for the front!

If this is a Daily driver I HIGHLY recomend sticking with Bagstruts on the front! They Will be just as fast as cylinders because of the weight in the front!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:29 PM
I got the front put on today went very smooth easiest install ive ever done..Its pretty quick but defnitly not as quick as the cylinders on my car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search