1988 sunbird gt abs swap - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1988 sunbird gt abs swap
Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:30 AM
i just baugt an 1988 sunbird gt convertable with a conecting rod in the starter and iam parting out a 1992 sunbird for parts my task is to swich over to abs in the 1988 I know i have to pull master cylender, wheel spendals ,half shafts, abs computer. Is there anything else should I know to help with the swap

Re: 1988 sunbird gt abs swap
Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:30 AM
go to www.v6z24.com i did a abs swap on my 91Z24 but i do not remember all of it
Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:23 PM
There is an ABS MC swap How-To in the V6Z24.com suspension FAQ. That will tell yo how to plumb the MC. In addition to what you listed, you'll also need to either add to or swap the entire chassis wiring harness, swap the rear wheel bearings, and upgrade to 92+ front brakes (since the ABS proportioning is set up for them, and not the pre 92 brakes).

My question is why? The ABS system used in the 2nd gens is not the best, and typically has issues wth wiring and sensors. IMO, don't bother, since ABS sucks anyways.

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:48 AM
i still have the 92 sunbird i am in the process of ripping it apart for parts because it has no title and has to be cut up before it goes to the junk yard and the abs system seemed more avatangious than stock . sorry for the spelling
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search