Is my strut mount or shock blown? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is my strut mount or shock blown?
Friday, May 12, 2006 7:12 AM
How can you tell if it's the strust mount or if it's the shock thats blown?

Re: Is my strut mount or shock blown?
Friday, May 12, 2006 8:32 AM
Blown strut is going to bounce when you hit bumps and you may even see fluid leaking out of it. The strut mount would make a knocking noise I believe.

Friday, May 12, 2006 10:58 AM
yes strut mounts you would hear a creaking/clunk noise everytime you go over a bump. a blown strut when you hit a bump will make the car bounce

Thursday, August 02, 2007 1:10 PM
Brought this one WAY back from the dead. My car is doing all of the above, plus when i turn my wheel all the way to the right it is making a squeaking noise as well...could this also be due to blow strut/strut mount? Looking into the Tein SS setup if this is the case. That would be an expensive purchase to not even fix the problem. lol

Under Construction
Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:02 PM
If you have a completly blown strut it will sound like metal banging on metal or yeah bounce around a lot more. And for the mounts i have a bad one in my car right now that just started to go bad and its making a chattery cluncking sound. Its from the metal peice in the mount getting bad and the strut rod is moving in there and thats where u will be hearing the noice come from when u are just driving.
Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:21 PM
Ha ha just 2 seconds after you posted this I posted the same thing so i didnt see it until got back to the forum menu.

Mine was making a squawking and squeaking noise when the drivers side went over the driveway or over any bump (it sounds worse than it probably is, and it's pretty annoying). Is this the same as yours?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search