H-techs better than stock!?! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
H-techs better than stock!?!
Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:12 AM
since we kinda got off topic in the spring rates thread i hope someone will answer my question in here. h-techs spring rates are 180/115 and stock are 200/175 so does this mean i can lower my car with h-techs and stock struts because they are actually less harsh than stock?

Re: H-techs better than stock!?!
Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:13 AM
can you lower on stock struts? yes but its not recommened at all. Even if its the 1.1" drop i would still upgrade the struts to agx's, yellows or dspecs

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:51 AM
yea but dont you get lowering struts because they can handle the spring rates of aftermarket springs? and if thats the case then the h-techs should would good if not better than stock springs. but really i dont know what all the factors are.
Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:55 PM
Personally I think that the rates for the stock springs , 200/175 is wrong, seems to be hard to me compared with other aftermarket ones. Please can anyone check this info. I thin that many people will appreciatte it.

Thanks,

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:11 PM
I agree with Eliot, i cannot see lowering springs having a better spring rate then stock springs, someone's gotta know if theirs any truth to this.

1998 Z24 Convertible
Mods: AEM Pulley Kit, AEM Full Intake, Apexi Muffler, 4-2-1 Header, APC Seats, Dropzone Coilovers, More to Come!
Friday, May 12, 2006 8:31 AM
Yeah I'm questioning those spring rates as my suspension techniques were quoted at 195/115 from the manufacturer, and I can tell they are a little stiffer than stock .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search