Picture Reqest: show off your ride to help me :) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picture Reqest: show off your ride to help me :)
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:08 AM
Everyone is always posting pics of their cars anyways, so could you post pics of your car that is lowered, and tell me what kind of setup your riding on? I would really appriciate it, and i figured it would give you all another post to show your cars off. Reason being im trying to get off this POS setup called dropzone, but i really like how my car is sitting on them, and i want springs. thanks for your help guys.

Re: Picture Reqest: show off your ride to help me
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:21 AM
I also have dropzone springs, if you liked the quality of the ride before you blew your struts(lol), maybe you should just consider investing in some struts. I got some koni yellows recently and should be installing them in the next week or two. If you want, I will let you know how I like the set up.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:24 AM
dude... no matter what anybody tells you, dont correctly, dropzones are not bad coilovers. I rode on dropzone coilovers and Koni Red struts for almost 4 years with absolutly no problems. i had them slammed a good inch and half lower than any lowering spring and loved it. The only reason I switched to springs was because after 4 years my struts were starting to go and natural wear and tear and rust were starting to show a little on the coilover. Can you do better than dropzones? absolutly... but they really arent as gosh awful as everybody makes them out to be. now if you were on those $15 blue coilovers off ebay, thats another story.

this is my car on dropzones:

this is my car on springs:

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:27 AM
i'm sitting on gravana coilovers. they're a little pricey but well worth the money.

these coilovers will raise the car about an inch higher than where my car is sitting now and will easily drop it another 2, and the ride quality won't suffer. these things are well built

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:29 AM
im on dropzone coilovers and dropzone struts. the ride sucks, i dont care what anyone says, and it makes more noise than you can imagine

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:04 AM

here is one from away and a close up of the front, im on eibach sportlines and stock shocks,struts. Not for long though getting some kyb agx, or koni yellows. But i love the look of my car. 1.7 front 2.3 rear

R.I.P. SAINT
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:12 AM

I'm using Koni Red's and Eibach Sportlines. Love the look and the ride.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:17 AM
R3D05LsSport wrote:

here is one from away and a close up of the front, im on eibach sportlines and stock shocks,struts. Not for long though getting some kyb agx, or koni yellows. But i love the look of my car. 1.7 front 2.3 rear

that looks prettty dam good, what tires and rims are you sitting on? sizes i mean

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:09 AM
not to steal the thread but if anyone can throw in a pic of a cav dropped on sportlines with the stock 16 inch wheels i would appreciate it thank you.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:14 AM
before

after

kyb struts and tein s-techs

good ride and great stance for the crappy roads i have around here

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:54 AM
Here are a few Pics of my setup. I'm lowered on GC and Koni Reds.

The front strut mounts are Monroe Part Number - 901946
Rears are KYB but dont have a part number

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:25 AM
Heres the best pic I have of my ride height. I'm on 18's with sprint springs and koni yellows.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:56 AM

Tokico w.dropzone coil overs

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:58 AM

koni yellows, goldline springs, 18's, 225/40/18

i'd like to go lower though... considering tein ss's or ground controls for the konis.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:03 AM
these might not be the best pictures, but you can make out the wheel gap and such. i have eibahc pro kit springs and stock struts.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:05 AM
here is my car lowered on the Tein Basic kit the fronts have 1 1/4 inch of the screw on the coilover left and the rears are all the way down...

[img=http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6378/im0000471tp.th.jpg]

[img=http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8571/im0000465bm.th.jpg]

[img=http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6072/im0000437qi.th.jpg]

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:41 AM
Oh heck yeah....picture posting time

Here is the pic request for sportlines on stockers.... lowered with Red Konis as well.

This is my current set up...well it the same set up really just 4 years later

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:03 PM
My rims are 18" Motegi FF7, on Falken 225/40ZR18

oh and thanks your car is hot as well, i love the BC2 kit makes me wanna do a 02 front end conversion to mine.

R.I.P. SAINT
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:47 PM
Does anyone have a pic of their car on a flat??? with sportlines? BlueDeuce, do you have a pic of it on a flat surface? what rims tire sizes are you running, im just trying to figure out if the sportlines are gonna be satisfactory for me, im on 17inch rims w/ 215-45-17's and i want about one to two finger gap in the front.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:54 PM
Jealousy courses through my veins...

I am stuck with the Eibach Pro Kit and KYB GR2 Shocks and struts... kinda ghey if you ask me. People ask me all the time if I'm even lowered.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:59 PM
^

lol

i'm planning on baggin by HIN in dallas this year

that or slammed on Tein...

don't know which way i wanna go...

air seems soo much fun...but soo bouncy

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:07 PM
jWagg wrote:Does anyone have a pic of their car on a flat??? with sportlines? BlueDeuce, do you have a pic of it on a flat surface? what rims tire sizes are you running, im just trying to figure out if the sportlines are gonna be satisfactory for me, im on 17inch rims w/ 215-45-17's and i want about one to two finger gap in the front.

Dude, I've seen deuce's setup in person and it is exactly what I want. I highly reccomend. Soft but firm, no bouncing and very responsive. Little to no wheel gap to boot, it just looks right. I am shooting for the same install as soon as I get my funds in order.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:18 PM
jWagg wrote:Does anyone have a pic of their car on a flat??? with sportlines? BlueDeuce, do you have a pic of it on a flat surface? what rims tire sizes are you running, im just trying to figure out if the sportlines are gonna be satisfactory for me, im on 17inch rims w/ 215-45-17's and i want about one to two finger gap in the front.

See my above pictures. I'm on Sportlines with 17's and the same size tires you are running. My car is sitting on a flat surface as well, maybe the angle do not look it.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:08 PM
My first one is on a flat surface but with 18's, go with the sportlines you wont regret it i was going to go with the pro-kit, but i went with sportlines instead. Glad i did.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:25 PM
i just got my tein basics and i love them...sorry no pics yet tho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search