does anybody got rear disk brackets made? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
does anybody got rear disk brackets made?
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:24 PM
Hi Guys
I just want to know if anybody made any rear disk brackets yet for the 3rd gen and I know there is a neon swap but i just want to know if anybody made any brackets up yet

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Re: does anybody got rear disk brackets made?
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:44 PM
yes i have a set of brackets to put W-body rear disc's on. I'm trying to sell the brackets and calipers right now for $150

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:05 AM
I made a set that uses the ssbc setup with the vented 10.25x0.75 rear rotor from a 88 Fiero after getting sick of not being about to get an alignment in Maine because I couldnt fit the stock wheels over the ssbc rear. With the steel I used though the brackets cost $200 lol

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:11 PM
trm95z wrote:I made a set that uses the ssbc setup with the vented 10.25x0.75 rear rotor from a 88 Fiero after getting sick of not being about to get an alignment in Maine because I couldnt fit the stock wheels over the ssbc rear. With the steel I used though the brackets cost $200 lol

Not to get off topic, but what alloy did you use that cost $200 for 60 sq in
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:13 PM
Was actually $50 for the steel $150 for labor, was too early in the morning when I first replied.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:39 PM
now what ssbc brakes did u use?

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:52 PM
It's everything from their 12" rear kit except the rotors & brackets. Basically it's the bracket I posted above, 1988 Fiero rear rotors, T-bird/Mustang/Linc caliper, & Fbody front lines with a small solid line from the fbody line to the jbody axle connection. The SSBC ebrake setup never worked for me, & I've yet to see if the stock cables would be long enough to use now since I dont think I have any cables around. Also like still using the caliper I had with the ssbc setup since EBC pads are like $30-35 shipped for them.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:58 PM
Although I forgot to mention also that 88 Fiero rotors are not the easist thing to come by & it's probably not an ideal setup if you intend to keep your car for a long time & for the same or less cash the Neon setup would be a better long term solution as the Fiero rotors are just going to get harder to find over the years. I only used them since they bolt right up & I didnt want to get rid of the calipers I already had on the car. Also, with the core charge the loaded calipers are well over $100 each if you get them new/rebuild from a parts store & unloaded they wouldnt have the mounting bracket youd need.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search