Ground Control coils and AGX struts ???? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ground Control coils and AGX struts ????
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:04 PM
whats everyone think i should set teh struts to for a decent and not so bouncy ride??? jsut wondering because i am installing these and dont wanna mess around with it a bunch of times i jsut want to set it once and be done....Any help gladly accepted

Thanx Charles

Re: Ground Control coils and AGX struts ????
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:08 PM
You obviously didn't read the suspension FAQ, because if you did, you would have known that AGX's were not designed for spring rates on coilovers. Max out the strut stiffness and hope for the best (4/8).

Monday, May 08, 2006 10:15 PM
Fool around with the ride height and try and find a good height you can drive around with a decent ride.
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:17 PM
Ooops forgot to say. Try 1.8 inches for the coilovers. Do what zach said.

Your ride quality will depend on how much its lowered. Dam this site not having an edit button.
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:22 PM
myles, can it.

agx struts CANNOT BE USED WITH COILOVERS.

the spring rates of coilovers are TOO HIGH for the agx's valving, aka they can't handle ground controls.

YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY.

Monday, May 08, 2006 10:46 PM
He bought them so I tought it might be a good idea to HELP him, so he can maybe get by with using them.

Stock struts can handle ground controls, but not very well at all, in fact the ride is @!#$ most likely, but they can be used. So your telling me agx's struts are even more useless than stock struts?

If he can get them working with the struts, then its all a matter of adjusting everything so he can get the best possible ride out of them.

You are very quick to help saying YOU CANT USE THEM. Kinda late for that @!#$ bud. He IS using them, so we might as well try and help him get the best ride possible from them, instead of doing what you are, and just telling him he wasted his money.
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:46 PM
i dont care if i wasted my money...its waht i have and i did read the FAQ i jsut asked for waht ppl think i should use with the stiff ness

Thanx Charles
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:50 PM
and yea i have them there on they ride 100x better then my stock blown struts....this is like a caddy now i was ridding around on blown struts for over a year all 4 blown and i got a good deal on this all.....so yea i honestly dont care if i wasted my money on it im happy with it jsut wondering what you guys should think i should set teh struts at damn...all the people on here are so quick to start shoutin....when i joined in like what was it 2002-2003 somewhere around there it was nothin like this jsut awnsers for peoples ? not people bitchin and sayin o you blew your money....

Thanx Charles
Monday, May 08, 2006 10:52 PM
Yeah do what zach said and hope the ride quality isnt too bad.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:00 AM
their gonna blow and your gonna be @!#$ out of luck

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:22 AM
its funny, so many other tuners out there in different car groups use AGX's for EVERYTHING. infact i know the nissan crowd swears by them for a strut and always mates Ground controls to them. I never hear a complaint. Here its a sin to do so. In all honesty i have agx's with H+r's. i am really thinking about throwing on Ground Controls cuz i wanna go lower. I don't see how everyone else gets away with it and here its "their gonna blow and your gonna be @!#$ out of luck".

honestly man, lower ur car to the ride height u want, i would personally set the dampeners as high as u can, and let us know how it is and how long it lasts. i don't see a problem in it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:03 AM
different cars have different suspensions. whats good for one car may not be good for another. so to compare a cavs suspension to a nissans suspension is 2 different things.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:45 AM
So then... since the AGX can't really handle the high spring rates of the coilovers, your best bet is to set them as stiff as they go and hope for the best.

The stiffest setting they have still won't be quite stiff enough so that's your best option.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:47 AM
I personally wouldnt do it, but if you must, i would do what zach said. Let us know what happens, i still havent heard a story of anyone ACTUALLY blowing these yet...should be interesting..

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:25 AM
Novaracer ran them with GC's, don't know if he still is. Hopefully he'll chime in.

-Chris

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:55 PM
well i have them already installed and like i said this ride is so nice compared to driving around on stock susspenion and 4 blown struts for a year or so....im jsut wondering what the best i can get outta this set up...

Thanx Charles
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:01 PM
its gonna ride nice now because the struts are new. over time they will wear quickly. the best you can get out of it is if you dont abuse the struts by slamming the coils all the way down

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:29 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]different cars have different suspensions. whats good for one car may not be good for another. so to compare a cavs suspension to a nissans suspension is 2 different things.

actually a nissan sentra has a very similar rear suspension setup to a cavalier. but has a sort of level arm in the back. it is considered "solid" beam like ours.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search