air cylinders? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air cylinders?
Monday, May 08, 2006 12:07 PM
Can someone please explain to me what they know about air cylinders? I appreciate it. I'm not looking for flames, but if all they are is crap, let me know please. I honestly don't know much about em, even though I've bagged an S10 before. I personally have heard that they're just as good but leak a little. But I honestly have a hard time believing this for the price. Anywho...more than likely will just get the springs and struts I was plannin on getting, unless I get nothin but great answers to this thread. Thanks for lookin and helpin me out, you guys know what you're talkin about.

"Man with my windows tinted and badges gone I'll be able to do 200 mph easy. Do stickers add horsepower?"

Re: air cylinders?
Monday, May 08, 2006 12:29 PM
cylinders have their pros and cons. the good thing about cylinders unlike bags are they can be rebuilt if they break. also they have the ability to suck the wheel up in the wheel well where as bags you cant do that. the ride on cylinders is a little more harsh then bags and its even worse if you dont get accumlators to go w/ the cylinders. ive heard alot of crap from aim cylinders where the rod snaps completely in half. someone on here had their cylinders on for less than a day and the rod snapped. if your looking at aim cylinders, please pass

Monday, May 08, 2006 1:07 PM
Thanks a lot. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure on the brand. My buddy just told me about these cylinders he's got for my car a couple days ago. He tellin me $200 and he'll help me put em on and everything. How's that sound to you? other than the differences you said, are the lines ran the same. Can I still run the same setup as if I were to get bags? What rod are you talkin about snappin? Sorry if I'm askin a lot of questions, I'd just like to know all I know before I even consider what he's got.

"Man with my windows tinted and badges gone I'll be able to do 200 mph easy. Do stickers add horsepower?"

Monday, May 08, 2006 3:28 PM
id help ya out for $50 and some beer
i wouldnt pay $200 for it. its easy enough to figure out on your own. i just did

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Monday, May 08, 2006 3:29 PM
but then again, i forgot this was referring to cylinders, not bags, but i cant imagine it being too much more complicated

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Monday, May 08, 2006 5:08 PM
Oh no, sorry, I always write confusing. He always helps me out for free. We've done all the work on my car ourselves and I want to keep it that way, anywho...so basically he wants to sell the cylinders for $200, that includes a small compressor and a tank I think, have to check on that. So...good deal?

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:38 PM
So he has cyliders, tank, and compressor? If that is all, you will still need valves, swithbox, wiring, fittings, airline, pressure switch and gauges.

-Brandon

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:02 AM
i wouldnt trust a 200 dollar kit but thats just me

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:39 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]i wouldnt trust a 200 dollar kit but thats just me

Yeah, I hear you on that. I'll definitely do my research on it before I buy it. More than likely I'll just stick with the pro-kit. I really just wanted air so I could drive with my drift kit easier. I think I can handle the 1.4 inch drop though. Thanks for all the help guys.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:30 PM
as far as i know only 2 companies make cylinders. eai and aim. aim is horrible and eai isnt that bad

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search