Konis with Ground control coils? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Konis with Ground control coils?
Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:38 AM
How hard is this install? Any modifications needed to the struts to fit into a 97 cavalier? And would i use the yellows or the reds? Thank you!

Re: Konis with Ground control coils?
Thursday, May 04, 2006 6:45 AM
reds are no longer made. if you can find them i would still take the yellows over the reds because the yellows can be adjusted w/o being taken off the car. as for the struts themselves. konis only supply inserts for the fronts so you have to cut your front strut above the knucle, empty the stock strut out and slide in the koni so you can bolt it back up. the rears are direct replacements

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:28 PM
Koni Yellow Install with Eibach Pro kit

its a good, VERY helpful read man... take the time to actually look at this. i know it answered a lot of my questions...

scroll down a bit for the install write up with pics.

hope this helps! and yes, what bagged said was rite. and its covered in that link.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:29 PM
kinda brought that back from the dead and didnt even realize... lol, sorry...

Monday, October 08, 2007 8:57 PM
I have a question about the springs on the ground controls. I just recntly bought a setof G.C. and yellows from some one and they have the longer springs on the front struts, is that right? Ive had a few set up of coil overs and the longer springs have allwasy went in the rear. If some some one can help me out with this problem that would be cool. I dont want to install them then hva e to redo it cuz they are wrong..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search