Russel's SS brake lines - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Russel's SS brake lines
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:02 AM
Quick questions:

I bought them recently for the S/F GT. But I have noticed that it comes with 6 steel C-clips and 4 steel rings, here is the kicker...no manual on where to put it. (?)

So my question is:
Where do place them?
&
What are they for?

If possible if you have pics it will be appriciated.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Russel's SS brake lines
Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:26 PM
Not sure what the rings are but the c-clips hold the line in the stock bracket.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:43 PM
4 steel rings are the banjo bolt washers. Holds the line to the caliper, you need to replace the copper ones anytime you change something (like the hose).

The c clips should hold the line to the stock brackets as Isaak said.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:48 PM
Oh right, if by rings you mean little washers, those are exactly that, washers you use on the caliper end of the line, one each on the outside of the banjo, these are usually made of copper but there are stainless ones as well... btw, these are usually called "crush fittings".

Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:47 PM
ok ty people

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, April 17, 2006 3:43 PM
to those who have them, whats the difference between the front and rear lines? length? fittings?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, April 17, 2006 4:34 PM
Viper98912 wrote:to those who have them, whats the difference between the front and rear lines? length? fittings?
the short lines go in the back

see ya!

Monday, April 17, 2006 5:24 PM
yep, short lines replace the rubber line in the back, it is just that, a replacement, the other (longer) lones are for the front and are actual caliper lines.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:21 PM
Viper98912 wrote:to those who have them, whats the difference between the front and rear lines? length? fittings?

Fronts on left, rears on right.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:46 AM
I searched and found this post, a great help in installing the Russel lines. I have some quick questions about bleeding the system after installation.

You bleed the system while the car is NOT running, correct?

Do you have to immediately close the bleeder valve (i.e. have two people doing the job) after pressing the brakes? Will air be drawn back into the lines if I try to bleed each corner myself by pressing the brake, walking over to the corner thats bleeding, and closing the valve, ect?

Thanks!

Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:20 AM
oldskool wrote:I searched and found this post, a great help in installing the Russel lines. I have some quick questions about bleeding the system after installation.

You bleed the system while the car is NOT running, correct?

Do you have to immediately close the bleeder valve (i.e. have two people doing the job) after pressing the brakes? Will air be drawn back into the lines if I try to bleed each corner myself by pressing the brake, walking over to the corner thats bleeding, and closing the valve, ect?

Thanks!

Not running, correct.

2 people, one to close the bleeder while the other is holding the pedal down. If you open the bleeder, push the pedal, then release the pedal, you will draw air back in through the bleeder almost every time.

They do make 1 man bleeder valves that have a check valve in them that allows you to press and release the pedal without drawing air back in. Look for "Earl's Solo Bleed" bleeder screws or similar.

Or you can buy a hand vacuum pump and draw the fluid through the bleeder screw with that (don't have to operate the brake pedal at all).

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:50 PM
You can buy speed bleeders that have a valve in them so you don't have to have anyone helping you.
I plan on getting some when I'm going to change out the brake system again and do some upgrading too.
Btw, the Russel lines look pretty good and a bit better than the RK lines I bought years ago.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, June 08, 2007 10:51 AM
I'll just get help - no sense in spending more then beer to get this job done.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 8:14 AM
Who sells the Russell lines?

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:15 PM
John, if you need some, let me know. I have a set, but I won't need them since I'm going with the Neon Conversion and the kit came with F&R stainless lines.

Monday, June 11, 2007 10:02 AM
I purchased mine at Summit Racing, I wind up returning them. I may buy them in the future again.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, June 11, 2007 8:12 PM
check www.buybrakes.com really nice place to shop. as for bleeding them. most people dont know that when you go to bleed them and release the pressure do not let the pedal go all the way to the floor. it can over extend the piston and tear the boot in there. it has happened a lot from shops i talk to. and I LOVE my lines. best brake mod ever.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search