creaking in the front - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
creaking in the front
Monday, April 10, 2006 5:24 PM
Hey guys, I have noticed just recently especially now after a dry winter that my car has a little bit of a squeeking problem in the front. Now I know some of you are going to say my strut mounts are going, it could be possible. But I have noticed that this usually happens when I turn or go over a dip/speed bump in the road. I don't know if this is strut mount related. I was just thinking of spraying some of the suspension to see if the noise will stop and perhaps isolate the problem. I personally would like to know, are there any cons besides the squeeking if you drive with a broken strut mount if this is the case?

Re: creaking in the front
Monday, April 10, 2006 5:42 PM
99% sure it's the mount. Double check the control arm bushings (the other 1.

It's just annoying until the strut comes through it and hits the hood. That will cause a bit of damage. There's a few people around that will tell you what that looks like, but it's fairly rare.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:59 AM
I had this noise last year right after winter. I fixed spraying some oil in the dry places like the strut tower and I also noticed the strut bolts were a bit lose tightened them up and it went away for a year.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:45 PM
Check the swaybar bushings.
Friday, April 14, 2006 6:58 AM
yeah i'm having the same problem, its a mix of crappy struts and bad mounts. just waiting for the next paycheck and mine will be all fixed....they right way this time.

Brian

Sunday, April 16, 2006 12:25 AM
my girlfriends car did/does this and we fixed it but removing the three bolts at the top of the strut and lowering it down. at the top there was a set of flat bearings. these were caked in dirt so we cleaned and regreased them, then put everthing back together. this fixed it for a while but its starting to come back now, after about 9-10 months. so we'll have to do it again. i'd like to replace them with pillowball mounts but im not sure if you can with stock struts.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search