struts KYB or TOKICO - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
struts KYB or TOKICO
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:45 PM
what struts should i buy KYB or TOKICO witch is better?

Re: struts KYB or TOKICO
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:01 PM
GR2s vs HPs. I really don't think there's much difference. I suppose the HPs may be a bit higher quality. Whatever floats your boat.

AGX vs D-Spec: AGX are excelt for drop springs up to 1.5", no coilovers. D-Spec can take just about anything so long as it's sensible (about 2" max usually) including Coilovers.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:05 PM
iam doing a 1.1in drop
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:09 PM
Any of them will work. I suggest AGX in your case.
But you can get away with the GR2s or HPs.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:11 PM
yea i was thinking about HPs from nopi
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:24 PM
iam going to use tein high tech springs with HPs is this a good match.will i have to use a camber kit?
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:39 PM
No camber kit necessary.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:03 AM
Chris warble wrote:iam going to use tein high tech springs with HPs is this a good match.will i have to use a camber kit?

no get the right struts. hps arent meant for a drop. read the faqs

Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:14 AM
i did iam only droping 1inch.thanks for the info c.t.s.
Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:05 AM
if you got hps then you got the wrong struts

Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:24 AM
Bagged wrote:if you got hps then you got the wrong struts

Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:02 PM
im going with tein h-techs and tokico d-specs and should be a awesome combo from what i have heard!

click the sig....

Who needs a sig?
www.sinisterimages.com
Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:03 PM
i know someone with the same set up in there crx i have drove the car today it drives fine handles good
Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:16 PM
Chris warble wrote:i know someone with the same set up in there crx i have drove the car today it drives fine handles good

hah the CRX dosent have Macphearson setup does it? Plus thats a totally diff car man. you will be much happier in the long run w/ KYB AGX's.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:41 PM
it has hps and tein 1 inch drop
Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:59 PM
and tokico says that HPs will work with oe springs and lowering springs so
Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:05 PM
I dont see the point in the whole arguement, they tell you what struts to use (personally id go with AGX's), then you say how another car has them blah blah. You will blow them in time, and far faster than with a performance strut. If you're gonna spend the $ to lower a car, even 1.1in (i did 1.4 myself), atleast do it right, you'll regret it later if you dont.

Friday, April 14, 2006 3:59 AM
Chris warble wrote:i know someone with the same set up in there crx i have drove the car today it drives fine handles good

yea in that car, its also 10x lighter too. every cars suspension is different. not everything that works for one car will work for yours. hps are oem replacements. will the handle the drop, yes. will they blow alot sooner than expected, probably. do it right the first time and you wont have to worry. you can get agxs for like 100 bucks more

Friday, April 14, 2006 3:32 PM
ok i bought the AGXs is it easy to adjust them.thats why i was going HPs i did not want to deal with adjusting them
Friday, April 21, 2006 7:21 PM
i left mine on 2 (front) and 4 (rear), with really good ride quality and handling. My new rears are blown (leaking oil all over), and should be replacing them soon, but even with them shot she doesnt handle too bad, but ride is rough from the back.

Friday, April 21, 2006 11:11 PM
I have gold lines on Dspecs and love them.

I blew a strut a couple years ago, and I don't plan on doing it again.
Don't lower on stock struts, not a good idea

Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:08 AM
Chris warble wrote:ok i bought the AGXs is it easy to adjust them.thats why i was going HPs i did not want to deal with adjusting them

very easy to adjust, on the fronts its a little screw type device that clicks into one of four positions. and the rears have a knob on the lower portion of the strut body that you click into one of eight (i think, may be 10, its been a while since i looked) positions

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, April 22, 2006 8:08 AM
yes they are easy to adjust they should of came w/ directions on how to adjust them. you should be able to adjust them from the top of the strut w/ the knob.

Monday, April 24, 2006 6:54 AM
i called and asked Tokico about the Hp's and lowering up to a 1.5" drop and they are lifetime warranty against blowing. why would they give a warranty like that if they would blow?

not trying to start anythign just asking because i just got them in the mail.

they are even coming out with a full spring and hp setup that drop it 1.5" with warranty.

http://www.helpelijah.com
Monday, April 24, 2006 6:59 AM
mikec2003 wrote:and the rears have a knob on the lower portion of the strut body that you click into one of eight (i think, may be 10, its been a while since i looked) positions

Yeah, it's 8

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search