Brake booster - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Brake booster
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:13 AM
Well Im having some signifigant issues with my new brakes. Im going through specs for my parts and going through my install, and i do belive the stock Brake booster can not handle my current setup.

Instead of an 8" single plenum booster, Which is perfect for front disk and rear drums, Im thinking of going 9" Dual plenum for front and rear disk brakes.

I was also leave this here before someone suggests it.

There is brand new brake fluid, and fully bleed. Front and rear disk brakes, Stainless steel brake lines

Re: Brake booster
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:13 PM
What kind of brakes?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 3:15 PM
I've got 12" dual piston fronts and 10" rears riding on Potenza RE750s and I can stop amazingly fast. I don't know the exact stopping distance, but I'll bet it less than 3/4 stock.

Your brake booster could be bad. I know it's rare, but it happens.

In the spirit of modding; what brand booster are you looking at, or is it a swap from another car??

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:01 PM
ive got 13" dual fronts and 12" single rears slotted rotors from baer.

The dual fronts are the bear caliper and a vette secondary caliper.

I got it free, so why not use it, right?

I used them for about a day, and braking was horrible, about 3 times worse then stock slotted rotors and drum brakes.

Pull them off and went back to stock, and its fine.

Im thinking about going aftermarket brake booster. Doing a little research on my own, i wont be able to run a 9" booster, however i have been looking into an 8" dual diaphram (plenum was the wrong word), Like one of the Tuff stuff parts.

Example:

or

Along those lines. I know one is with and the other without the Master Cylinder. it might just be easier to do that way.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:03 PM
Btw the way, does any one know the bore size of the stock master Cylinder?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:19 PM
Did you consider upgrading the MC first? If you're still running the stock MC with that kind of setup, thats probably your issue, not the booster.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:20 PM
No i didnt look into it, though i will now, well atleast tommorow.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search