In your opinion whats the best coilovers? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
In your opinion whats the best coilovers?
Monday, April 10, 2006 2:53 PM
In your opinion whats the best coilovers? I was talking to one of the guys at Gravana about there complete coilovers and they said that there coming out with new ones in a few months that has all the features like Teins coilovers, plus a adjustable camber mount...so, whats your info on these coilovers?
1.Teins basic and pro
2.RK sport coilover
3.Gravana coilover

I'm getting some coilovers on my next purchase, so i would like to hear your info on which ones are better and why...

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: In your opinion whats the best coilovers?
Monday, April 10, 2006 2:59 PM
Take that word BEST and throw it out the door.

Probably the most complete setup would be Tein SS's with EDFC.

Not pertaining to your post but the FAQ should be updated with new products....Just a thought

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:01 PM
Most adjustable with most capacity for adjustment: Tein SS
Clost second: Gravana
Easiest to install (less tuning): Tein Basic
Most customizable: Ground Control

If I was to get coilovers I'd go Ground Control on Koni Yellows. But that's me.

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:01 PM
gc hands down because you can get them any way you want

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:06 PM
Now I absolutely love slammed cars...their sex...i have eibach sportlines on my car now, without the pillow mounts, and blown struts, so i'm a little tired of riding so damn bumpy, but i want a setup that rides great, a little stiff, but comfortable...no little potholes and it sounds like you just broke your rims in half....lol..i hate that! Any suggestions?

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:28 PM
C.T.S. and Bagged- You can actually get any spring rate and hight you want for the TEINs. TEIN offers a few choices of springs if you call them. Eibach's 2.5" springs would fit TEINs as well. I believe Gravana's use 2.5" springs also. As far as dampers, Koni might have more support as far as revalving, but I think you can get TEIN dampers revalved. Might only be the higher end models however.

Not to bag on G/C and Konis at all, just throwing out my .02

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, April 10, 2006 3:34 PM
Yea, i'm thinking more towards the Tein SS especially after reading the gravana thread going on...man, that sounds like a pain in the @$$!...Tune...Tune...Tune....and still rides like crap...! I rode in a friend of mines civic with the Tein Coilovers on and it rode soooo ni for as low as it was...so yea, teins sound nice...and i haven't heard anything bad about them either

Monday, April 10, 2006 5:51 PM
Nick: Didn't know that. Good info! Did know the spring were interchangable. Most coilover setups in the US use the 2.5" "standard". When you get GCs they ask right on the form what spring rate and height you want. Many stick with their "standard", but many will also get custom rates and heights.

"Tune Tune Tune" is the whole idea behind these awsome suspensions.
So if you don't want that you might want to look at the Tein Basics or RK Prostreets.

Also, riding around more than 2" lower will start ruining other suspension parts. That's why many show cars have the coilovers: ride in "up high" then slam for the show. If you're just looking for show (or just for race), definately get custom springs. It takes a lot of extra thought, but you'll be much happier in the end. After all, if the car is basically for one purpose, shouldn't the suspension be designed for that one purpose?

Monday, April 10, 2006 6:41 PM
Exactly!! It is getting pretty exciting seeing all these new suspension products for the J. It makes it alot easier to get exactly what you want/need. Competative in Autox; there is something out there for you. Just go to shows; there is something out there for you. Just a spirited driver that doesn't want to spend a whole lot; there is something out there for you. Now if only we could get rid of these companies out there just trying to make a quick buck!!

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, April 10, 2006 7:35 PM
C.T.S wrote:Nick: Didn't know that. Good info! Did know the spring were interchangable. Most coilover setups in the US use the 2.5" "standard". When you get GCs they ask right on the form what spring rate and height you want. Many stick with their "standard", but many will also get custom rates and heights.

"Tune Tune Tune" is the whole idea behind these awsome suspensions.
So if you don't want that you might want to look at the Tein Basics or RK Prostreets.

Also, riding around more than 2" lower will start ruining other suspension parts. That's why many show cars have the coilovers: ride in "up high" then slam for the show. If you're just looking for show (or just for race), definately get custom springs. It takes a lot of extra thought, but you'll be much happier in the end. After all, if the car is basically for one purpose, shouldn't the suspension be designed for that one purpose?

You probably won't find the Pro Streets new. They don't make them anymore, so they will probably be used.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:30 PM
Ok now here is my question, what is a better setup for what I'm looking for. I want a suspension that I can ride around on for a daily driver, but on the weekend I want a 1/4 performance at the track. Should I go coilovers (Koni Yellows w/ GC) or good struts with good lowering springs?

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:40 PM
I think I answered my own question the Tein SS setup seems to be the best. It even states in the paragraph it is daily driving and weekend racing. Plus alot of you all brought up Tein SS.

My car has two speeds, fast and faster.

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:42 PM
The TEINs are a great setup. But there is no best. You can get the same performance with Ground Controls and Koni. Its just a more difficult installation and maybe a little more maintanence, but less expensive. If you only do drag racing every now and then, but want a comfortable ride every other day, and dont care about riding around slammed, some good lowering springs of your choice, paired with some good dampers of your choice would work great. And it would cost alot less than the SS's. On the other hand if you want to ride as low as you can, and tinker with the dampening, Ground Controls with Koni would do great, as the TEINs will not go that low.

Hmm that got a little longer than I planned but I am just trying to get you to evaluate your needs and not purchase a product in which you won't use all of its features; ie wasting money.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search