is there a settling period? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is there a settling period?
Monday, April 10, 2006 4:48 AM
so i installed new mounts, kyb agx's and tein htechs. i find when i reverse and turn the wheel, theres a noise from the front end. this is only when making drastic turns like into a parking spot etc. not while going over bumps/speed bumps/train tracks, or basic driving.

is this the new suspension learning to love each other?

Re: is there a settling period?
Monday, April 10, 2006 6:00 AM
well suspnsioon does take some settling time, but i dotn know about that

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:34 AM
what kind of noise is it? popping?grinding?
Monday, April 10, 2006 8:26 AM
are you running aftermarket rims and tires?? perhaps a 17 or 18 with a 225 tire??

Monday, April 10, 2006 2:52 PM
purplezed wrote:are you running aftermarket rims and tires?? perhaps a 17 or 18 with a 225 tire??

17's, tires are 215....sounds becoming less frequent

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:02 PM
If the noise isn't "horrible" give it a week and let us know if it's still making any noise.

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:08 PM
^^^ will do, i got a little worried, as it's obviously not a cheap venture!!

thanks all

Monday, April 10, 2006 4:42 PM
My car makes the same sound. I was told by the pontiac dealership is that the spring seat and upper insulator that goes on top of the coil spring could be cracked and worn out. It's like $37.00 us for those parts at GMpartsdirect.com. But that means another alingment after taking the front suspension off.
Monday, April 10, 2006 8:40 PM
i get the same popping noise. it only does it too me when im backing to the right sharply. other than that i dont notice it, so i dont worry about it, lol
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:49 AM
mine made a noise, but it was the inside of the wheel hitting the fender (stock 16's with 205 tires), after lowering the car, i havent yet to have it happen, maybe the alignment could be off?

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:27 AM
Creaking and popping noises are often related to the front bearings. If the bearings don't turn smoothly, the spring can bind, creak as it twists, or pop as it suddenly comes loose.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:37 PM
u could try some grease on the bearings. i had to do this on my ground controls every so often

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:27 PM
UPDATE:::

this turned out to be a venture!! i've had 4 alignments, some different things done to the struts and a ton of other shat!!

not only was there noise, but after alignment my car still pulled. if i turned right, it pulled right, turned left, it pulled left. i ended up having everything taken out at my mech's, and the ppl that did my install put the bearings in wrong, so the new mounts were fubar'd...they were replaced under warranty (after my mech lied to supplier) and i'm good as gold now

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search