Problem with Easystreet wiring.. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem with Easystreet wiring..
Sunday, April 09, 2006 5:12 PM
I bought the 10 switch and i have no clue how to wire it up. Also where did you guys drill for your holes to run the air lines outta the car to the front?

Only thing holding me back now is wiring and running the lines everything else is done.

Re: Problem with Easystreet wiring..
Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:05 PM
everyone runs their lines differently, mine for example are run all out of the trunk to the rears and fronts.
wiring for that switchbox
if its an easystreet switchbox it should have come with wiring instructions or a wiring diagram

Broda

Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:07 PM
Click me!!!!!

-Brandon

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:42 AM
for my front drivers i drilled a hole thru the wheelwell into the engine bay, then i took it thru the grommet into the interior and ran it back, i havnt ran the drivers side yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:30 PM
my fronts i ran the lines right under the car along the rail which i zipped tied all the way down and then i ran it up in the rear wheel well and drilled a hole and i have it coming in through the rear wheel well. the rears are the same just right in through the wells. if you look in my trunk i have 2 holes in each wheel well where the lines come in at.

as for wiring the switch box its really simple. ground all your vavles and once you know which valves are going to be controlling what corner, its pretty simple to wire since each valve only has 1 postive wire.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:28 PM
^^^did you use grommets or anything in the holes you drilled into the trunk? do you ever get water thru them holes into the trunk??

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:00 AM
yes there are grommets in there and its pretty tight so no water is getting in

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:27 AM
yeah the kit said to just drill a hole then use sealant, but i went and got gromments, i didnt like the idea of my air hoses rubbing on cut metal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:29 AM
^^^exactly my thoughts. did you guys just pick up some random grommets at autozone or the like??

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:31 AM
yea just got 1/2" grommets from pep boys

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:38 PM
i got mine from a little troll under this bridge, he only wanted some beads. oh wait that was something else. i got mine at lowes.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:12 PM
^^^^

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:48 PM
So how did you guys wire your 10 switch? Becuase i used that diagram in this post and i have 2 switches that do the same thing.

So my box must be different. There must be another way..

Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:53 AM
they should have a diagram on the site. its really simple if you know what power wire controls what valve

Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:38 AM
I cant tell you how I did mine cause then I would have to kill you..... nah j/k I rewired my box so I would be of no help to you.

-Brandon

Thursday, April 20, 2006 8:36 AM
i'll look during lunch for the diagram. its really really easy. once you get it finished you'll see how easy it was. theres 8 different color wires that come out of the box and the diagram just tells you what wire goes to which color

(ie. front driver up = red, front drive down = green)

if you know what vave is controlling that corner then its simple

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:13 AM
^^^9 wires come out of the box, 8 of which are used for the solenoids, one is power.

but ya, im still trying to figure it out a bit too

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:24 AM
thats what i meant

Because im such a nice guy

scroll all the way down to switch box and click on one and there will be a .pdf file that opens and it will show you a 10 switch box and what color wires control what valve. just make sure you know what valve does what on your car

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:53 AM
^Can someone save that pic above and post it as a jpg or somehting i cant see the .pdf file and for me to download acrobat reader it take me weeks im on 56k

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:58 AM

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:19 AM
On that diagram it has number 8 yellow/blue wire i dont have such thing on my switch box i have a yellow/white

Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:55 PM
are all the other colors the same though? if so then its a good guess that the yellow/white would be the yellow/blue on the diagram

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:01 PM
From what i can tell yes. I got another one from Jason that is different for that one also. So ill try that one first.

Friday, April 21, 2006 3:56 AM
yea on that site it says some of the wires may be different colors. i got my switch box from ebay and it had those colors on it

Saturday, April 22, 2006 8:18 PM
i made my own switch box , it was really easy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search