Roll cage - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Roll cage
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:49 PM
Anyone have the jegs roll cage or the rksport one?

the jegs is like half the price but im going to guess its bare steel and its not welded while the rksport is painted in gloss black and welded?

any thoughts on which is a better buy?

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Re: Roll cage
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:52 PM
ide says Rk's just for the fact that its not bare metal.

Portage, MI
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:57 PM
the jegs one is a weld in. the rks one is a bolt in.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:08 PM
IO Port Racing actually makes the RK bar. They have several different styles that you can see here.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:26 PM
I'm going to say that the Jegs bar is probably made for race only applications, and will interfere with interior panels. The IO Port bar is made to be used with interior panels.

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:08 PM
Anyone have pics of the IO PORT bar with the shoulder bar in the car or without it?

Friday, April 07, 2006 4:05 PM

Just do a search for pictures of a Cav roll cage & chances are it is going to be the same cage. Don't know if thats the bar you wanted to see or the diagonal cross bar one behind the drivers seat which is a different cage that not too many have...
Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:15 PM
Not trying to thread jack but which bar is that ? Were did you buy it? Do you have to take out the seats or can you just push them up and get it in there? Thanks and sorry for asking so much in your thread Jared.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:25 AM
That bar is the IO Port one, bought through RK about 6 years ago & was passed along through 3-4 of us from the old RK board lol.
In the 2 doors you generally dont have to take the seats out to get the bar in. Just like you said fold them up & push them forward. In the 4 door there was a whole thing about bringing it in through the trunk because of the pillar seperating the 2 doors (but the 2 door cage didnt fit the 4dr's right anyways).
Sunday, April 09, 2006 1:29 PM
that looks sweet trm.. how did you mount it? i mean, are the interior pannels still there? I was thinking you could probably just cut a hole in them and put the cage through the hole. Or is it just easier to take the sides off.

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Sunday, April 09, 2006 2:53 PM
For the record that's my friend's car right before I got that cage. Now it sits in another friends garage waiting for the day I decide I want it back in one of my cars. All the pictures I had of it in my 4dr or my z are on a dead laptop.

Yeah it'd be easy to mount it up without the interior panels, but it completely looks like ass if you do it that way. Also, believe it or not without that small plastic panel there the road noise is insanely annoying. You can make a slot for it in the panel, or if you're really good you determine exactly where the side brace will contact it & put a hole there. Also a good time to add some more insulation to kill road noise lol. Maybe Ill toss the cage in my z again sometime this spring

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search