BOMZ Coil Over strut mount prob... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BOMZ Coil Over strut mount prob...
Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:11 PM
I recently got hand of some Bomz coil overs for my 95 Cav. The instructions are very vague, and I was hoping someone here has done this install, or atleast knows of someone who has, so I cna get some answers. LOL. The front assembly does not seem to fit together very well, I beleive the strut bearing is way too thick. Can someone help me fix this prob so I can get rollin again soon?

Thanks in advance

Mark S.

Re: BOMZ Coil Over strut mount prob...
Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:13 PM
those coils are garbage, they will never fit right, and if you do use them, your ride will suffer horribly, there is nothing good that can be siad for those coilovers

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:15 PM
Ok, anyways, I asked if anyone has ever installed them, that can help me with my question. Not criticize. Thanks for comin out.
Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:19 PM
I can help you fix your problem. Go into your garage and grab the biggest hammer you have. Proceed to pummel the crap coilovers you bought with the hammer until they are unusable. Once finished with that, proceed to smack yourself in the head a few times for being studpid enough to buy that crap.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:23 PM
Jeesh arnt there some nice ppl on here LOL. Again, doesn't answer my question...and I've heard of a couple people who are pleased with these, so I think I'll be the judge on my own behalf. Again...anyone have any positive answers?
Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:24 PM
Mark Stapleton wrote:Ok, anyways, I asked if anyone has ever installed them, that can help me with my question. Not criticize. Thanks for comin out.

don't be mad at me becuase you bought crap parts for your car, id contact the seller and see about returning those peices of crap

Hail Satan

Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:25 PM
I'm not mad at anyone LOL...just trying to get an answer.
Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:36 PM
ok, heres your honest answer. the spring is too short for the car. end of story, its too small for the car, thats why it wont' fit. and why is it too small. because its a cheap POS sold on ebay to make a quick buck. if you want a quality coilover, look at spending at least 500 dollars. these POS 50 dollar bomz coils won't ever work right on your car.

so im not criticizing, im offering genuine help. the reason your coils will not fit is because they simply are not made for a J body, in fact i don't know if they are made for any car. in all honesty, you should try to return them, or suck up your loss and buy good parts

Hail Satan

Saturday, April 08, 2006 6:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider the return, if they'll take it back...or If I figure it out. Might be the prob is it requires thinking, and most people are too lazy to figure it out. Ah well, thanks anyways.
Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:03 PM
Mark Stapleton wrote:I've heard of a couple people who are pleased with these
Who? Where? Sure?

You're almost certainly missing parts that will cost a lot to get the kit working. The spring is definately the wrong size (both height and spring rate). You could force it to work, it's probably going to cost another $100 to get the missing parts and what-not.

To start with you need sealed thrust roller bearings for the front. I'm straining my brain but still can't remember the size specs.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 3:10 PM
Mark Stapleton wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider the return, if they'll take it back...or If I figure it out. Might be the prob is it requires thinking, and most people are too lazy to figure it out. Ah well, thanks anyways.

Dude... the people who are answering you here know what they're doing. Don't just dismiss the advice because it's not what you want to hear.

Don't put them on your car. If you do, don't ever come back here and complain about everything that goes wrong.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:35 AM
hey dude, I'm not dismissing anything. I appreciate your opinions. Just stop postin the same @!#$ saying that they suck etc. You stated that is your opinion. Done. Now let some ppl who HAVE them installed, or who are experienced with the @!#$ to talk. Too many cynics. Not everyone knows everything.
Monday, April 10, 2006 9:39 AM
lol no one has them cuz we know they are garbage. you are just going to break more parts by putting them on and im assuming these are going on stock struts

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:07 AM
Mark Stapleton wrote:hey dude, I'm not dismissing anything. I appreciate your opinions. Just stop postin the same @!#$ saying that they suck etc. You stated that is your opinion. Done. Now let some ppl who HAVE them installed, or who are experienced with the @!#$ to talk. Too many cynics. Not everyone knows everything.

It's not my opinion. It is a fact. They are not engineered for these cars. They do not come with all the parts you need to install them. There is no way to properly install them.

Those are all facts.

You're right... not everyone knows everything. But we know about j-body suspensions and we know that what you bought isn't a j-body suspension part despite what you're telling yourself.

I don't know what else to tell you. You're looking for an answer that doesn't exist.

Monday, April 10, 2006 12:03 PM
I will put it in a more freindly way. I have not had any experience with them but I can tell you exactly what they are saying above me... They are a universal type kit that are made mostly for honda's and some people rigged them up on other cars and now people try to sell them as direct bolt-ons when they are not. I bought a set once for my 240sx... not a pretty sight... I had to hack at the strut. It is just not worth it at all, but to answer your question, not many if any people use those type of "coil-overs" on this site, so your responses will be limited. Hope you get everything to your liking.

P.S.- If you decide you do have to hack at the strut, please trash those ang get some real springs. It is not worth yours and others lifes .

-Brandon

Monday, April 10, 2006 12:05 PM
redecocav wrote:I have not had any experience with them but I can tell you exactly what they are saying above me

EDIT: On my cavalier.

-Brandon

Monday, April 10, 2006 4:21 PM
OMG GUYS!!! GEEEZ!!!! HE DOESNT CARE THEY SUCK THE BIG ONE!!!! JUST TELL HIM HOW TO MAKE THEM WORK!!!!

Redeco hit the nail on the head. They werent designed for our cars, so they dont fit out cars.

Monday, April 10, 2006 4:27 PM
well, it just so happens that I know some people that have tried these springs. my brother bought a set for his neon, and when the box showed up he looked at the springs, looked at the stock suspension and knew something was wrong, so he didn't install them. a friend of mine got a set for his focus, couldn't figure out how they went on, I told him to junk them, but he took them to 5 shops to get em put on, no shop would do it because the coilovers are not engineered for any particular car, and were way too small for a focus. and another friend of mine, put a set on a cavalier, made them work, hit a bumpy road, and lost control of the car, and messed it up real good when he hit a tree.

so there you go, i have 3 first hand accounts of how these springs suck. if you still insist on installing them, please post pics of the aftermath

Hail Satan

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:14 PM
Mark, you really want to know how bad those coilovers are? My buddy I work with bought those BOMZ coilovers for his Saturn SL2. I advised him to send them back and spend more money on a quality setup. He didn't listen and proceeded to install them on his stock struts. He spent almost an entire day modifying the struts just to get the coilovers to "fit". After all was said and done, he lost control heading into a corner and wrecked his car into a tree. It really pisses me off to see people installing $50 coilovers on stock struts and expect them to be okay. I just really don't get how stupid and cheap people can be. I spent $1500 on my complete suspension setup, and haven't regretted it once. THAT IS ALL.

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:34 PM
Thanks for the @!#$s guys. I have decioded on lowering springs. LOL

Peace
Friday, April 14, 2006 2:49 PM
thank yourself for buying garbage

Saturday, April 15, 2006 5:38 PM
BOMZ thinks the 2.4 was available in 1992 Sunbirds, and the 2.8 was available in 1996 Cavs. All their stuff sucks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search