Is it Possible? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is it Possible?
Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:29 PM
Is It possible to convert the older Cavis into indepented rear suspension??

Let Me Know What You Think.

Many people call me an idiot for thinking it. but would love some Input on this idea.

Thanks

Chris.

Re: Is it Possible?
Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:38 PM
if you have enough money, then it would be possible.
im not sure if anyone has done this on a J

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:53 PM
You know, the search button do wonders on these kind of question...

IRS How To

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:11 PM
What do you mean by "old". 95+ follow the link. 94- have separate springs, so the shock tower in back isn't strong enough to support the IRS struts.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:37 AM
C.T.S wrote:94- have separate springs, so the shock tower in back isn't strong enough to support the IRS struts.

I'm not real familiar with the pre-94 J's, but with proper reinforcement and some bracing, I'm sure a 1st or 2nd Gen could do this conversion.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 1:20 PM
By older I mean 1990 cause thats what I have.

I just been told at high speeds and taking cornners its it really easy for the rear of these cars to slip out, I mainly want better handeling.
Sunday, April 09, 2006 3:14 PM
Sway bars help (if they are available for the second-gens)

Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:48 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:
C.T.S wrote:94- have separate springs, so the shock tower in back isn't strong enough to support the IRS struts.

I'm not real familiar with the pre-94 J's, but with proper reinforcement and some bracing, I'm sure a 1st or 2nd Gen could do this conversion.
That's true, but I liberally call the IRS Swap a bolt-on. Mods like reinforcing the body would take a fair amount of fabrication. All well within possible of course. Also the 2nd gens are about 1" skinnier, and the swap just barely fits on the 3rd gens. So you'd have to skinny up the setup.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search