DROPZONE SPRINGS - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DROPZONE SPRINGS
Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:46 PM
just got a set of them from the junk yard on struts for 25 bucks are they any good?

h&rs-rksport-magnaflow-ebc-stoptech-vss-jlaudio-jvc

Re: DROPZONE SPRINGS
Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:54 PM
nope... probably not even worth the 25 you spent on them.

Friday, April 07, 2006 4:01 AM
put them back in the junkyard. either way they will end up back there either if you return them or if its on your car

Friday, April 07, 2006 5:23 AM
Low_4_Show_03_eco wrote:just got a set of them from the junk yard on struts for 25 bucks are they any good?

Are you new? There's a ton of info just in the last 30 days about these springs. THey're junk. I'm afraid Bagged is right. They're goin back to the junk yard either way.

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:57 AM
well ok i will say this i have them but are getting replaced with the koni sport kit as we speak.....but i will say i dont think they are that bad. yes there are better ones out there, but they didnt sag over the period of the year i had them on, and yes the ride was bouncy but i didnt change the shocks and rode arount with them on stock shocks. i think they look good, infact if u want to see what they look like on an 04 cav just look in my profile and u will see them on my car. but for 25 bucks id say what the hell, but i would sugest u get better shocks.
Friday, April 07, 2006 8:27 AM
michael chatten wrote:well ok i will say this i have them but are getting replaced with the koni sport kit as we speak.....but i will say i dont think they are that bad.

michael chatten wrote:i had them on, and yes the ride was bouncy but i didnt change the shocks and rode arount with them on stock shocks.

thanks for giving me a good laugh.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:51 AM
I think Michael has it the best. It's not like they going to break in half or something catastrophic like that. But they will bounce, which is mildly dangerous (some people will contend this, they really don't know what they're talking about).

You wouldn't think of purposely compromising your car's brakes, why would you compromise your suspension?

Friday, April 07, 2006 5:54 PM
again i think with better shocks they would have been better, but i didnt know any better at the time i had bought them, it was when i first got the car and before i found this websight, and i was new to the whole "tuning thing"
Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:12 AM
Is there a way that I can a dollar for every new thread that comes up about these things?

Sunday, April 09, 2006 12:44 PM
i wouldnt even try wasting a good shock on springs like that

Monday, April 10, 2006 6:09 PM
SSCAVALIER,

you know we 3rd gens have ONLY struts right? no shocks there!

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:37 PM
05cavalier07 wrote:SSCAVALIER,

you know we 3rd gens have ONLY struts right? no shocks there!

He was being general. No need to get your panties in a bundle.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search