Alignment? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alignment?
Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:36 PM
How exactly is an alignment done on our cars? I had one done after changing the struts and springs, but the lower 2 nuts were not torqued and they came loose. I retorqued them today. Should I get it realigned?

Re: Alignment?
Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:03 PM
Well, For the most part the only adjustment is the toe setting through the tie rods. There is a small amount of camber adjustment in the lower strut bolts, but not a whole lot unless you slotted the holes in the strut. Having those come loose wont affect the toe. Me personally would not worry about it, but if it bothers you you could take it in.

Actually I have an idea, i used to be the suspension/alignment guy at sears, It is sears policy that if the alignment is in specs, they won't charge you for it. Take it there and explain the situation. They might not like to do it but it is policy. Just make sure they give you a printout of the specs (that is policy as well).

Go Go OG Traction!!
Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:12 PM
yes, you can check the toe yourself using toe plates and tape measure. You should take it back to the same place and tell them they came loose and would like it cheked and if needing it, realigned. It only takes them about 10min to align a fwd car.

-Chris

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:04 PM
How long ago was it aligned? If it was a month or less I'd just take it back to them and explain. They should check it free. If it's been a long time, most places offer alignment checks cheap (Goodwrench dealers only charge like $20 to check, and most places are cheaper than a dealer).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search