help with air suspension - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with air suspension
Monday, April 03, 2006 8:52 PM
ok i got a used kit that i am goin 2 install asap this month! I mainly just need help with like a good install instructions 4 my setup! it includes a 5-gal tank a 1gal tank (4 the cylinders in the rear) a digital guage, 10 switch box, wireless remote, all fittings and lines, compressor, all wiring, 4 direct action valves, i have 3 senders which i think r senders, (one on the tank and 2 others) the guy i bought it from says he still has a few parts which i am hoping contain the 2 remaining senders. but my prob is this my buddy isnt being very helpful in helping me get it installed asap! so i need help making sure i have all the wiring down and the whole setup right! ne help would b greatly appreciated! i can get some pics if needed!

heres the only ones i have right now of the kit!

Re: help with air suspension
Monday, April 03, 2006 10:22 PM
For now, you can run all your air line and wiring to speed things up. Try to run the line in the car to avoid dragging. You can start making your mounting plates for the valves and determine where to install the equipment. I also suggest looking here for all your installation needs: http://www.airbagit.com/techinstructions.asp

Here's some pics of my install if you want an idea:

Hope this helps. PM for more questions.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:34 PM
thanks! that site has some really good instructions!! i got some more help figuring it all out so i will prolly b in good shape! main thing is 2 get it all together!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:33 PM
you can install everything over a pieriod of time and still keep as a daily driver. just do all the plumbing and run all the air lines up to where the struts are and once every thing is in and works all you have to do is drop in the stuts and connect the air lines.on my 04 i took out the carpet and ran the air lines through the fire wall and up through the strut towers (on the inside i just ran the lines along the center concil bump thing and put the carpet in) its a tight fit on some parts (1/2 in. line) but make sure every line is well shielded from sharp edges and pinching. hope this helps and dont run your !@#$ without a pressure switch (or be impationt and rig !@#$ up) i hate to see people do that ! have fun .........air ride is such a fun toy and a major chick magnet!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search