Best bet for lowering - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best bet for lowering
Sunday, April 02, 2006 5:15 PM
Hey everyone, what would be the best way to lower my 04 Cavie? I was thinking of Eibach springs, but I wanted to know if stock shocks can take that. If not, what would be the cheapest SAFE (I dont wanna blow out my shocks) way to lower my car? Thanks.

Re: Best bet for lowering
Sunday, April 02, 2006 5:24 PM
FAQ

Read that up. I'd type more, but I'm headed on my way out to do some things. All your questions can be answered in there though!

Sunday, April 02, 2006 7:49 PM
torch j/k, I have eibach pro kits, had stock struts and they got shot quick, now I have KYB AGX struts, got them from Summit racing for like 449 shipped
Monday, April 03, 2006 5:46 PM
The best way to lower it is to put 5 smokin' hot chicks in it.

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:15 PM
Actually, 5 fat chicks. For smokin' hot you'll need at least 7, but 9 is better. I always wanted to have 9 smokin' hot chicks.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:39 PM
stocks wont take it, id either go with the kyb agx of the koni yellows. the konis are a little more but worth it.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:42 PM
I wouldn't say the Koni's are worth it if you're using Eibach Prokit springs. AGX are perfectly capable of handling them.

I recommend that setup all the time for people who want a quality drop on a limited budget.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:53 AM
if your going to lower your car period dont use STOCK STRUTS. this is covered alot and is in the FAQ's. dont cheap out.

SIG coming to an org near you!!!
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:59 AM
Eibach prokit = KYB AGX's

Eibach sportlines = Koni Yellow's or Tokico D-Specs

Depending on which Eibach kit you are talking about these would be your best bet.

-Brandon

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:34 AM
lespaul1 wrote:Hey everyone, what would be the best way to lower my 04 Cavie? I was thinking of Eibach springs, but I wanted to know if stock shocks can take that. If not, what would be the cheapest SAFE (I dont wanna blow out my shocks) way to lower my car? Thanks.

The cheapest way to lower the car would be either
eibach prokit with KYB agx struts, or Tien H with agx struts. You should be able to get either done for around $500.00

You CAN NOT lower on stock struts.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:02 PM
are there any pictures of a pro kit next to sportlines? i'd like to see how much of a difference there is.

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search